Technology & Combat Characteristics
A prototype psycommu mobile suit developed by Titans remnants, the Psycho Gundam Mk-IV G-Doors' most unique feature is the sixteen Psycho Plates equipped on its back. These Psycho Plates are new psycommu units that can be remotely controlled by the pilot's brainwaves, and due to their door-like look when stored on the back, the mobile suit was named "G-Doors". The design of the G-Doors' main body was simple and it was designed to display its full capabilities when partnered with a heavy firepower-type mobile suit.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, the pair of vulcan guns are typically used for intercepting missiles, destroying mobile suit sensors and the likes.
- Beam Saber
- For use during melee combat, a pair of beam sabers are stored on the top of the backpack.
- Beam Rifle
- A short barrel version of the beam rifle used by the Titans and New Desides. It has a different shape from the XBR-M84a, which is another type of short barrel beam rifle used by the Titans. The E-pack used by G-Doors' beam rifle is the same type as the one equipped on the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II's.
- Psycho Plate
- A Psycommu unit secretly developed by remnants of the Titans derived from the Murasame Laboratory. It was developed based on the reflector bits of the MRX-010 Psycho Gundam Mk-II, but the bits' shooting capabilities were replaced with shield-like sturdiness. Each of the plates are connected during standby and are separated when deployed. New Psycommu technology has been incorporated into their structures and they become both an offensive and defensive unit that can be remote controlled by the pilot's brainwaves.
In U.C. 0091, the Psycho Gundam Mk-IV G-Doors was used by Titans Remnants to engage Amuro Ray's MSK-008R Rick Dijeh during a battle with Londo Bell. The G-Doors was destroyed in the battle, and its head along with eight of its Psycho Plates drifted to Moon Moon a year later, where they collided with the space colony's outer wall. The head was recovered by Moon Moon's inhabitants, although the Psycho-Plates remained on the outer wall until they were later activated by Jutta Qasim and the G-Doors' head. The head and Psycho Plates were then attached to the AMS-123X Varguil, leading to the creation of the AMS-123X-X Moon Gundam.
Notes & Trivia
- HGUC 1/144 Moon Gundam model kit instruction manual