Technology & Combat Characteristics
An improved development over the original MRX-010 Psyco Gundam Mk-II, the Psyco Gundam Mk-III was very similar to its predecessor, equipped with a psycommu and psyco-control chair to allow its Newtype or genetically-engineered "Cyber Newtype" pilot to control this massive mobile weapon system with mere thoughts. Though as the MRX-010's descendant, the MRX-012 has considerably more advanced technology, specifically in the area of energy efficiency as the MRX-010 mounts a greater number of weapons that have greater power ratings, despite having a fusion reactor that only produces little over half of what the Mobile Armor was capable of.
Instead of mounting detachable remote controlled beam weaponry, the Psyco Gundam Mk-III focuses more on size and long ranged combat. The Psyco Gundam Mk-III is outfitted with multiple mega beam guns mounted on various parts of its body that draw energy from the mobile weapon's fusion reactor and have a power rating of 6.3 MW each. This is capable of taking down an enemy ship with one blow. The unit is also equipped with a wrist-mounted beam swords for close combat. The unit bears features of both original machines (e.g. the original's traditional-looking head and face with signature V-fin antenna, and the Mk-II's limb- and leg-mounted weaponry) along with wholly unique ones. Unlike its predecessors however, the Psyco Gundam Mk-III cannot transform into a mobile fortress mode.
- Scattering Mega Particle Beam Gun
- Pulse Beam Gun
- 3-barrel Beam Gun
- Beam Gun
- Large Beam Sword
- Psycommu System
In Gundam: The Battle Master, the Psyco Gundam Mk-III was stolen from from the Earth Federation and Mercury Promnard is sent to investigates its disappearance. Regardless of the chosen player character, Maria Nichols will pilot it as their last opponent.
In Gundam: The Battle Master 2, Gloria Chamberlain encounters the Psyco Gundam Mk-III, piloted by Maria Nichols to block her way to Pixie. Despite its overwhelming firepower, Gloria managed to beat it single-handedly while killing her in battle.
Notes & Trivia
- In Gundam Battle Assault, it is piloted by Valder Farkill and in the following game, Gundam Battle Assault 2, Ulube Ishikawa pilots it.
- In Gundam Battle Assault, Valder Farkill pilots the Psycho Gundam Mk-III against Heero Yuy in an attempt to prove himself greater than Treize Khushrenada but is destroyed by the Gundam pilot despite its vast power.
- Its model number, MRX-012, was noted in 2009 edition of MS Encyclopedia. However, the 2013 edition no longer mentions it.
- Psyco Gundam Mk-III makes it return in SD Gundam G Generation Genesis 15 years after it last appearance in G Generation F.I.F.
- When using its Large Beam Saber in this game, the slightly jerky animation after making contact is a callback to its multi-hit property in Gundam Battle Assault.
|Video Games Original Mechanics|
|Mobile Suit Gundam: EX Revue|
|SD Gundam GX|
Tornado Gundam | X Gundam | X Zaku
|Gundam Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079|
RRf-06 Zanny | RX-78Opt Gundam G-Dash
| Mobile Armour|
MA-05M Bigro Meir
|Gundam the Battle Master Series|
| Mobile Suit|
MRX-012 Psyco Gundam Mk-III
|Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record U.C. 0081|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-08TX/N Efreet Nacht | RX-81 G-Line | RX-81AS G-Line Assault Armor
|Gundam Breaker 3|
| Mobile Suit|
MSN-00100J Hyaku Shiki J | RMS-099BD Break Dias
|Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories Series Originals | SD Gundam G Generation Originals | Gihren's Greed Originals | Gundam Try Age Originals|