|Please note that this is the Gundam Wiki's article on the mobile suit; if you are looking for the article on the anime series this unit is named after then you should head to Mobile Suit Victory Gundam.|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A limited production mobile suit, the Victory Gundam has a Core Block System, in which the suit's body is consisted of a Core Fighter attached to the suit's upper and lower body. This modular design increases the chances of pilot survivability, and also allows damaged parts to be quickly and easily swapped out in the middle of battle.
The Core Fighter can also combine only with the upper body (also known as Top Limb, informally dubbed the "Hanger") or the lower body (also known as Bottom Limb, informally dubbed the "Boots") and transform into the "Top Fighter" and the "Bottom Fighter" respectively. When there is a need to travel quickly, it is possible for the entire Victory Gundam to transform into a fighter-like mode.
The Victory Gundam is also equipped with the "Minovsky Flight" system, a simplified Minovsky craft system designed to keep the mobile suit hovering in mid-air at any altitude, allowing it to dedicate all thrust from its rockets and verniers to maneuvering. As a result, the Victory Gundam has unprecedented mobility in Earth's atmosphere, even in mobile suit mode.
- Vulcan Gun
- A pair of head-mounted 25mm revolver cannons served as the Victory Gundam's vulcan guns. They have lower rate of fire and less ammunition than the 60mm vulcans commonly used by mobile suits decades ago, which are too large for a miniaturized mobile suit. However, the high accuracy of the Victory Gundam's fire control system compensate for these shortcomings.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle, which fires concentrated mega particles that can damage any ordinary armor not specially treated to resist it. It can be mounted on any of the Gundam's hardpoints, allowing more than one rifle to be carried into battle if required.
- Beam Pistol
- The Victory Gundam's beam rifle is modular, with a small beam pistol serving as its core. Parts of the beam rifle can be purged to reveal this beam pistol. While boasting a rapid firing rate, the beam pistol is only effective at close range.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when deployed and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. Additionally, a large beam field capable of destroying several Sinope-class battleships can be generated when the beam from one of victory Gundam's beam saber is combined with the beams spread out from the beam trident's emitters. It is also possible to cross the beams from two of Victory Gundam's beam sabers and then throw the conjoined sabers as a spinning beam weapon. The Victory Gundam has four beam sabers stored in forearm storage racks.
- Beam Shield
- By generating a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber, the beam shield can block both beam and projectile weapons. The size of the beam shield can be adjusted freely according to the output, and can expand to a maximum size of 150m-200m in a short period of time to defend warships. The beam shield can be disabled if its generator is damaged. The Victory Gundam is equipped with two beam shields, one stored in each forearm, and their generators can pivot approximately 180 degrees on the vertical axis. The beam shields are also operable when the Top Fighter is operating independently.
- Beam Trident
- A triple beam saber with a long pole handle. The long handle can be fold and stored on one of the mobile suit's hardpoints. A large beam field capable of destroying several Sinope-class battleships can be generated when the beams spread out from the beam trident's emitters is combined with another beam from a beam saber.
- Beam Bazooka
- A Beam Bazooka utilizes the same technology as a beam rifle, just on a larger scale. Because it produces a larger beam, beam bazooka deals more damage than a beam rifle. The Victory utilizes the same Beam Bazooka as the Gun-EZ.
- Quadruple Missile Pod
- An optional missile pod loaded with 4 missiles, it can be attached to the hardpoints on the legs and side skirt armor.
- Gatling Gun
- An optional weapon developed for the Victory Gundam. Also known as "Beam Gatling Gun", this large, handheld weapon has a revolving five-barreled structure and a high rate of fire. This is the same weapon as used by Uso's hijacked ZMT-S12G Shokew.
- Disposable Bazooka
- A disposable, single-shot bazooka. A single disposable bazooka can be mounted on a hardpoint, or a pair can be mounted in parallel on an attachment unit and then mounted on the hardpoint.
Special Equipment & Features
- An attachment point for weapons, shields, spare ammunition, or optional mission-specific equipment. Hardpoints can also be used to store carried weapons when a mobile suit needs its manipulators free for other purposes. The Victory Gundam is equipped with 8 hardpoints, 4 located on arms in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 located on the side armor in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 located on the legs in mobile suit mode and on main body of Bottom Fighter.
- Minovsky Flight System
- The Minovsky Flight System is a mobile suit sized propulsion system developed from the Minovsky Craft System. Powered purely by the mobile suit's reactor, the flight system allows a mobile suit to hover in mid-air, essentially ignoring the effects of gravity to a degree. This allows the mobile suit to maintain greater fuel efficiency as all fuel is directed to maneuvering.
By the late UC, The Earth Federation faces a severe economic crisis that cripples its military, leading to the creation of the underground resistance organization known as the League Militaire. In UC 0153, the League Militiare launched its "Victory Project" from their Kolin factory near Eastern Europe's Point Kasarelia. Its main objective being to design and mass-produce advanced new mobile suits to counter the Zanscare Empire threat that had spread throughout the Earth Sphere. Named after the legendary Federation mobile suits of the past, their flagship mobile suit was dubbed the LM312V04 Victory Gundam and served as a symbol of freedom for the League Militaire forces. The Victory Gundam design would also serve as the basis for the cheaper, non-transforming mass-produced LM111E02 Gun-EZ.
Notes and Trivia
- The ZGMF-X56S Impulse from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny is quite similar to the Victory Gundam in terms of its three components design and its ability to exchange parts in mid-battle.
- Although numerous Hangers and Boots have been destroyed throughout the series' run, only 8 Core Fighters of the Victory Gundam/Victory Gundam Hexa/V-Dash Gundam Hexa have been seen destroyed on-screen, one each in episode 29, 41, 42, 46, 49, and three in episode 50. This resulted in the death of Juca Meilasch in episode 49, and the death of Francesca O'Hara, Miliera Katan, and Cony Francis in episode 50. The fate of the unknown pilot in episode 41 is unknown.