Technology & Combat Characteristics
A strengthened and redesigned version of GAT-X103 Buster Gundam, the 'Hail' in its name refers to hail, and was named after the Hail Buster's ability to fire numerous projectiles at a target. The Hail Buster Gundam retains the original Buster's combat specialization and has new stealth ability thanks to the integration of the Mirage Colloid stealth system, allowing it to sneak up on enemies and collect their data before destroying them in a single devastating sniper attack. It also has new weaponry and higher shooting accuracy/precision.
Like the other Librarian Works' mobile suits, the Hail Buster is compatible with Striker Packs, enabling it to change its weapons to better fit the combat situation. Its main Striker Pack is the Buster Striker, which mounts the Gun Launcher and High-energy Rifle. Additionally, ammunitions for the Gun Launcher and power pack for the High-energy Rifle are also mounted in the pack's central portion, thus usage of the weapons do not drain the suit's battery. Previously, the Earth Alliance also tried creating a striker pack with the two weapons, but failed due to technical problems. A pair of anti-ship vulcan guns were added to the shoulder-mounted missile pods' covers, enhancing the suit's ability to deal with incoming enemy units.
New composite sensors are added to the chest's left and right side, as well as to either sides of the suit's cheeks. The silhouette of enemy units captured by these sensors could be instantaneously matched against the Librarian Works' data bank for greatly enhanced shooting accuracy/precision in close and ranged combat. The data processing computer in the head was also improved, and on paper, it grants the suit a 30% increase in shooting accuracy/precision. The knee armor was also changed, and can now function as a landing unit, providing the suit with a more stable firing position.
- 220mm 6-tube Missile Pod
- Two 220mm 6-tube missile pods are mounted in the shoulders, allowing the suit to fire a rain of missiles upon enemies or to stop them from moving closer. Various types of missiles can be loaded to meet different needs.
- 120mm 3-barrel Anti-ship Vulcan Gun
- A pair of rapid fire guns mounted in the missile pod covers, and as such, the covers have to be flipped up when using the weapon. Despite being classified as anti-ship weapons, they can also be used to destroy enemy units, particularly those in close range. The weapon's ammunition casing have been enhanced to prevent accidental detonation.
- 350mm Gun launcher & 94mm High-energy rifle
- Mounted on the Buster Striker and hand-carried when in use. They are identical to those on the Buster Gundam, although their position have been switched, with the Gun Launcher now on the left and the High-energy rifle on the right. It is possible for them to be combined to form either the Anti-Armor Shotgun or the Hyper Impulse Long-Range Sniper Rifle.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
Deployed alongside MBF-05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame during Librarian's attack on Ame-no-Mihashira, its attack was blocked by MBF-P01-Re2AMATU Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina. It also assisted MBF-05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame in its fight against MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise and help it to escape after it lost. Later, it was deployed by Librarian Works in an attack against a space colony. After the collapse of Librarian Works, the whereabouts of this MS is unknown.
Notes & Trivia
- The first published art of the Hail Buster had a yellow on blue color scheme similar to GAT-X131 Calamity Gundam. When its profile was released though, the colors scheme has been switched to red on black paint scheme similar to that of the GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam.