- Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. The Juneau-class is an Earth Federation submarine class. It first appeared in
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An attack submarine developed by the Federation, the Juneau-class was considered state-of-the-art during the One Year War. It was driven by fusion water-jet engines, and possessed monitoring systems that can reconstruct the underwater environment into computer graphics. By U.C. 0096, it was refitted with mobile suit hangars.
- Torpedo Launcher
- Missile Launcher
The Juneau-class was the Federation's latest submarine model during the One Year War. However, after the Principality of Zeon's Second Drop Operation, a total of 32 Juneau-class and Lockwood-class submarines were captured and converted into Jukon-class and Mad Angler-class at California Base.
In U.C. 0096, this 17-year-old submarine was still in service, now fitted with mobile suit hangars. The Juneau-class Bonefish and her crew encountered the AMA-X7 Shamblo while on patrol near the Torrington Base in eastern Australia. It engaged in combat against the Shamblo and its escort which composed of two AMS-129M Zee Zulu mobile suits. The Juneau-class attempted to deploy several RAG-79 Aqua GM mobile suits, but was easily destroyed by the Shamblo.
- In the novel, the Juneau-class did not carry any mobile suits.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (Novel), Chapter 5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: At the Bottom of the Gravity Well
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R: FSS Handbook 2, p.135