The JMF1337SD Shading Gundam (aka the Black Shining Gundam) is a Mobile Fighter and a variant of the GF13-017NJ Shining Gundam from the manga Super-Class! Mobile Fighter G Gundam and the MS Archive series.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A replica of the Shining Gundam, the Shading Gundam is equipped with an AI system based on Shining Gundam's combat data. It still features a cockpit for holding a pilot, but its AI handles all basic functions, as it's against rules to switch the Gundam Fighter. While it features all the armaments of the Shining Gundam, the Shading Gundam does not have a Super Mode.
- Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head unit. The main application is for intimidation.
- Machine Cannon
- Mounted in the shoulders, they are more powerful than the head-mounted vulcan guns.
- Beam Sword
- Two beam swords are stored on the left sideskirt. These are primarily used for slicing into opponents' Gundams or parrying other beam attacks.
- Shining Shot
- Beam cannons mounted in pairs on each forearm.
- Shading Finger
- The Shading Finger concentrates a large amount of energy into the Shading Gundam's hand. Shading Gundam then grabs the head of the opposing Gundam and crushes it, winning the match. Though the Shading Finger was powerful, it was only capable of doing damage at close range.
The Shading Gundam was sent to Earth by Karato, after Domon Kasshu ended four consecutive matches in draws. Considering his performance to be less than impressive, Karato planned to have Shading Gundam defeat Domon in combat and force him to become its "pilot" while Shading Gundam's AI did all the fighting by itself. Shading Gundam's AI projected an image of Kyoji Kasshu as its pilot to confuse Domon. However, it was no match for Shining Gundam's Super Mode, which was kept as a secret from Karato until then.
Notes & Trivia
- The Shading Gundam replaces the JMA27T Fantoma's role in the anime.
|Super-Class! Mobile Fighter G Gundam Original Mechanics|
GF13-006NAII Gundam Max Revolver | GF13-009NFII Gundam Versailles | GF13-011NCII Gundam Double Dragon | GF13-013NRII Gundam Bolt Crash
JMF1337SD Shading Gundam