Technology & Combat Characteristics
Originally created during the development of Neo Japan's Shining Gundam, the Rising Gundam is sent to Earth not to compete in the Gundam Fight, but to battle the sinister Devil Gundam. Redesigned for real warfare instead of dueling, this mobile fighter is equipped with practical weapons like a long-range beam bow and a polearm-style heat naginata. The beam bow was used for one of the Rising Gundam's ultimate attacks, the Rising Arrow. Another ultimate attack included the Rising Finger, which shot out a ball of energy similar to the Bakunetsu God Finger used by the God Gundam. The Rising Gundam can also be converted to an aggressive Mobility Mode, in which its shoulder armor becomes a protective shield.
- Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing armament built into the head. Low offensive power, only used to restrict enemy movement, and lay down a wall of suppressive fire due to their rapid fire capability.
- Machine Cannon
- Torso-mounted projectile weapons that were carried over from the Shining Gundam.
- Heat Naginata
- A long pole with a blade attached to the end, the heat naginata can be used as a slashing weapon in close combat. It also functions as a defensive shield by spinning the weapon in a circle.
- Beam Bow
- A blue bow mounted on the left arm of the Gundam, it is only used when performing the Rising Gundam's ultimate attack, the Rising Arrow.
- Rising Shield
- Serves as the shoulder armor on the Rising Gundam when not in battle. When a defensive position is needed in battle, the Rising Gundam's shoulder armor will release itself and form a long shield placed over the beam bow. However, the shoulder shield cannot be used when performing the Rising Arrow.
- Ultimate Bullseye Rising Arrow
- The Rising Gundam's ultimate attack, the Ultimate Bulls' Eye Rising Arrow is performed when the Rising Gundam's shoulder armor is removed or damaged in battle, revealing gold plated armor underneath, similar to the Shining Gundam. The beam bow will extend from its fixed position and form a guard around the left hand. The two limbs of the bow then extend and charge beam energy. Once enough energy is charged into the bow, a beam arrow will form in the barrel.
- Rising Finger
- Unlike the Shining Finger, which covers the entire hand of the suit with energy, allowing it to disable an enemy unit, the Rising Finger allows the fighter to shoot out a ball of energy.
- Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken (石破ラブラブ天驚拳; "Rock-Breaking LOVE-LOVE Sky-Shocking Fist")
- Although not used by the Rising Gundam during the course of the show, many video games allow it to perform this variation on the Sekiha Tenkyoken by working together with Domon's GF13-017NJII God Gundam.
As the Battle Royale began, the Rising Gundam saw action when it was piloted by Rain Mikamura to assist Domon, her partner and Neo-Japan's Gundam Fighter, who was under attack by the mind-controlled Allenby Beardsley's Nobel Gundam. However, what she ended up facing was the Walter Gundam, one of the JDG-00X Devil Gundam's 'Four Heavenly Kings', that had disguised itself as the Nobel Gundam. This fight was Rising Gundam's sole appearance and it was badly damaged at the end of the battle.
Notes & Trivia