Technology & Combat Characteristics
A military-use mobile armor developed by Neo Japan, characterized by its unique silhouette with a spindle-shaped body, two legs and lack of manipulators (but with a hidden pair of arms inside the body). The main armament is a group of large and small missiles. In addition, the mobile trace system has been used for part of the control system, and despite its huge body, it has excellent mobility.
- Missile Launcher
- A multi-cell missile launcher with 26 cells in each shoulder, for a total of 52 cells. When firing, the shoulder armor slides out to expose the launch tubes.
- Mega Range Buster
- One beam cannon is built into each shoulder.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hidden Arm
- A pair of arms with three-fingered manipulators stored in both shoulders.
Taking advantage of this machine's performance, it was sent on a mission to capture the Ultimate Gundam (Devil Gundam) that had escaped to Earth, but was defeated by its overwhelming power, and its pilot, Ulube Ishikawa, was deeply wounded in mind and body.
Later, during the 13th Gundam Fight, another Fantoma was used by Karato to test the combat prowess and determination of Domon Kasshu, who at the time perceived it as being the Devil Gundam with his brother Kyoji Kasshu as its pilot, due to illusionary effects. However, Domon noticed the effects and proceeded to activate the Shining Gundam's Super Mode, destroying the Fantoma.
Notes & Trivia
- The Fantoma bears a resemblance to the MA-08 Big Zam, part of this is also reflected in its armor materials name Bigzanium.
- In Super-Class! Mobile Fighter G Gundam, the JMF1337SD Shading Gundam was used against Domon instead of Fantoma.
- In SD Gundam G Generation Overworld, the Mega Range Buster's attack animation shows the Fantoma shooting the beam from its shoulders. However, according to its lineart, these are actually thrusters.