Technology & Combat Characteristics
A Calamity War-era machine, the Gilda is a space colony-use worker mobile suit. Easy to operate, it is based on the the Hexa Frame, but unlike the IPP-66305 Hugo, it has standard leg joints which have high versatility and are suitable for ground use. Like many Hexa Frame machines, Gilda’s cockpit is located near the top, in this case, in the top half of the backpack. The cockpit hatch and seat slides out backwards when opening.
The Oceanian Federation sourced the Gilda independently, and used them for security purposes in the space colonies in addition to being a worker mobile suit. During independence movements, the Gildas are used by the rioting space colony workers and the mobile suit's work tools became weapons due to urgency, but they are no match for true mobile suit weapons. Although a worker mobile suit, the Gilda's origin can be traced to combat-use mobile suit, thus if given the right equipment, it has the potential to be used for combat as seen by the Gildas used by raiders and the IPP-0032S Gilda SAU. However, there is still a need to recruit training personnel.
- A work tool used by the Gilda, it has an extendable handle and can be stored on the back. The crowbar can also be used as a weapon and to disarm opponent in close combat.
- Wire Gun
- Another work tool used by the Gilda, it is a gun that fires a wired anchor. The anchor has a nail at the tip and three thrusters. Can be used to capture opponent during battle.
- 90mm Submachine Gun
- Used by the white Gildas that attacked Naze Turbines' ships in the past. It is a simple mobile suit-use submachine gun that is widely circulated. Due to its light weight, it is easy to handle. It can be fired single handedly or held with both hands, and during precision firing, the stock is extended.
- Sword Club
- Used by the white Gildas that attacked Naze Turbines' ships in the past. It is a close combat weapon that is a cross of a sword and club; it is unknown what the slit at the top of the weapon is for. Stored on the back when not in use.
The Gildas were used by rebels in the Oceanian Federation's space colonies. Armed with crowbars and wire guns, many were destroyed by the ASW-G-XX Gundam Vidar.
- 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanics & World 2' Book
- 'The Document of Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 2' Book
- 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanical Works' Book
- Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 34, Vidar Rising
- 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Second Season Completion' Book
- Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 39, Counsel