Gundam Versus (ガンダムバーサス) is a video game for the PlayStation 4, the fifth generation in the Gundam VS series. It was released in Japan and Asian territories on July 6, 2017 with a North American and European release on September 29, 2017.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Playable Mobile Suits
- 3 DLC Mobile Weapons
- 3.1 Gundam Build Fighters Amazing Ready
- 3.2 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- 3.3 Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS
- 3.4 Gundam Reconguista in G
- 3.5 Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- 3.6 Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link
- 3.7 Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
- 3.8 Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack - Beltorchika's Children
- 3.9 Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Ghost
- 3.10 Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
- 3.11 Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
- 3.12 Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front
- 3.13 Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From The Ashes
- 3.14 Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- 3.15 Gundam Build Fighters
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The game features improved graphics and more detailed background destruction and will retain its 2v2 format, although now 3v3 battles are now possible. The game still retains its team battle gameplay but will also include modes only possible on the PlayStation 4. Along with the standard Boost Step and Boost Dash techniques, a new "Boost Dive" mechanic allows for players to boost downward at will, making combat much more fluid and quick. The Assist mechanic from Gundam Vs Gundam Next has been reworked into Strikers, which allows players to select their own assist unit, with over 180 to unlock and choose, allowing for flexibility in combos. Like the Assists from that game, Striker usage is finite, though it can be replenished by activating Burst. Through the MS Development Tree, players can unlock additional titles, Emblems, Strikers, Navigators and alternate pilots by leveling up MS units and spending GP.
The Burst system has also reverted back to a more simplified form with Blazing Gear and Lightning Gear. Blazing Gear focuses on enhancing melee attributes while Lightning Gear improves lock-on range and ranged weaponry. In addition, these Burst modes not only enhance the user, but their partner as well, with Blaze replenishing ammo and Lightning replenishing Boost meter.
In addition to the Arcade mode (named Trial Battle), the game features an Ultimate Battle, which serves as the game's survival mode. The player and a chosen partner will then run a gauntlet of enemy waves, the fifth of every run being a boss battle. After the fight, the player will have the chance to upgrade their stats or replenish the resource gauge, using Battle Points accumulated from battle performance. At random, an Extra Wave will commence; these can range from a myriad of fights like a standard fight or the ability to play as DLC suits, or more rarely, an opportunity to play as a Mobile Armor boss. Losing or winning these will not affect the player upon resuming the run.
Playable Mobile Suits
DLC Mobile Weapons
- ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos Lupus
- Pilot: Mikazuki Augus
- Cost: 400
- ASW-G-11 Gundam Gusion Rebake
- Pilot: Akihiro Altland
- Cost: 300
- Gundam Versus is the second non-Dynasty Warriors game since Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam to be released in the West but the first mainline console game to do so in over a decade.
- The Boost Dive is identical to the air guard canceling seen in Sega's Virtual-On series, where guarding in midair causes the mech to quickly drop to the ground.
Gundam VS Series
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon (DX)
- Mobile Suit Z Gundam: A.E.U.G. vs. Titans (DX) / Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Alliance vs. Z.A.F.T.
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Alliance vs. Z.A.F.T. II
- Mobile Suit Gundam Vs. Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam Vs. Gundam Next (Plus)
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost (Maxi Boost / Maxi Boost ON)
- Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Force
- Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. 2
- Pre-order bonus only.