Technology & Combat Characteristics
The 1200-meter-long Gondwana is the largest space vessel ever built and can carry hundreds of mobile suits. These suits can be launched from the 16 linear catapults of the ship. In addition to its mobile suit complement, the Gondwana has numerous ship docks for transferring supplies and personnel. Despite its massive size, the carriership is only lightly armed with eight dual cannons and further eight cannons.
- Dual Cannon
The Gondwana was introduced after the First Alliance-PLANT War. During the Second Alliance-PLANT War at the Battle of Aprilius One, the Gondwana served as the flagship of the ZAFT defense fleet, and mothership of Yzak Jule's mobile suit squadron. Later, it served as the flagship for Yzak's attack on the Requiem stations. When the Minerva was destroyed near the end of the second war, the Gondwana assumed command. Lacus Clyne from the Eternal directly opened a line with the ship to negotiate and end the war.
Notes & Trivia
- The Gondwana is named for one of the two supercontinents which was formed after the breakup of Pangaea.
- The design and role of the Gondwana-class are likely based on the Dolos-class from the Universal Century.
- Television Series
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
- Episode 9 (HD Remastered Episode 9), Bared Fangs - (First Appearance)
- Episode 44 (HD Remastered Episode 43), Lacus Times Two
- Episode 45 (HD Remastered Episode 44), Prelude to Revolution
- Episode 46 (HD Remastered Episode 45), The Song of Truth
- Episode 48 (HD Remastered Episode 47), To a New World
- Episode 49 (HD Remastered Episode 48), Rey
- Episode 50 (HD Remastered Episode 49 & 50), The Final Power