The Girty Lue-class battleship is a ship class in the Cosmic Era timeline.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Girty Lue-class is a space-use battleship designed by the Earth Alliance for use in special/covert operations. Following the Archangel-class' design concept, the Girty Lue-class has excellent mobile suit deployment capability and can carry a high number of them. Although it doesn't feature a wide variety of weapons, the Girty Lue-class is nevertheless well armed and can hold itself against ZAFT's Minerva. Its armament consists of 6 dual-barrelled beam cannons, 38 missile launchers, and 16 CIWS.
The ship's main feature is its ability to launch covert attacks on enemy units by use of its Mirage Colloid stealth system. This is shown when it managed to approach a military-use PLANT unnoticed. However, the system is illegal under the terms of the Junius Treaty. To operate for extended periods of time, this ship class can mount arms that hold additional, ejectable fuel tanks. Neo Roanoke used this feature and the partially filled tanks to create an explosion to aid in the Girty Lue's escape from Armory One.
- "Gottfried Mk.71" 225cm Dual High-Energy Beam Cannon
- The only beam weapons of the Girty Lue-class ships, these six dual-barrelled beam cannons are installed on rotating mount, allowing them to cover a wide firing angle. They are mounted on the front of the ships, two on top, two on the outer sides and two on the bottom.
- "Igelstellung" 75mm Automatic Multi-Barrel CIWS
- A Girty Lue-class is armed with an array of 16 CIWS guns to intercept incoming missiles or enemy units. Like the "Gottfried" beam cannons, the CIWS guns are movable to shoot down targets from several directions.
- Vertical Missile Launcher
- The Girty Lue-class features 38 vertical missile launchers, allowing it to unleash a large barrage of missiles towards enemy units. These missiles are primarily used in an anti-air role, but are generally ineffective at damaging targets with phase-shift armor.
Special Equipment & Features
- Mirage Colloid Stealth System
- Although illegal under the Junius Treaty, the Girty Lue-class is equipped with a stealth system utilizing Mirage Colloid particles, similar to the one first used on the GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam. Thanks to this system, the ship can enter enemy territory and attack enemy units without being seen or detected by sensors. Whether it has a time limit like the Blitz is unknown.
- Gas Propulsion
- An optional propulsion system that uses jets of gas to propel the ship. It is utilized when the Mirage Colloid Stealth System is activated and consisted of two large propulsion units attached to the sides of the Girty Lue-class. Unlike normal propulsion system, this gas-based system does not emit any heat, allowing the ship to avoid detection by the enemy's thermal sensors.
- Rocket Anchor
- To attach itself to objects in space, the ship features a rocket anchor mounted on its main body. This anchor can be fired upon a target, like an asteroid, allowing the ship to quickly attach itself to the object.
The Girty Lue (first known as Bogey One) is the Earth Alliance flagship of Neo Roanoke's 81st Independent Mobile Battalion, who reports under the code name "Phantom Pain". The ship was deployed in late CE 73 for a sneak attack on the ZAFT base Armory One, in which three prototype Gundam mobile suits were stolen and several ZAFT warships destroyed or disabled.
ZAFT's new battleship Minerva launched in pursuit of the Girty Lue, but ultimately the Earth Alliance vessel escaped and delivered its stolen mobile suits to Earth. Unlike the Archangel and Minerva, the Girty Lue can't operate in Earth's atmosphere, so after the Armory One attack, Neo Roanoke and Phantom Pain disembark.
The Girty Lue is later seen stationed on the Daedalus lunar base as an escape vessel for Lord Djibril, who commanded the attack on PLANT from this base. When the Minerva attacked the base, Djibril tried to escape in the Girty Lue but as soon as the ship reached the surface it was detected by Rey Za Burrel who used the DRAGOON system of his ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam to destroy the ship, killing Djibril.
The Nana Buluku was deployed by the Phantom Pain to attack the DSSD space station in an attempt to capture the GSX-401FW Stargazer Gundam for its A.I. so they can copy it for use in unmanned combat mobile suits. The Nana Buluku was destroyed when a DSSD space station detonates its propellant tanks using the Apollon A's propulsion laser.
At least one more ship of the Girty Lue-class was built. The unnamed ship was used by Matisse when she tried to escape from her space station, which was under attack from the Serpent Tail. It was self-detonated by Matias, Matisse's brother, killing both.
|Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: STARGAZER Mechanics|
GAT-01A2R 105 Slaughter Dagger | GAT-X103AP Verde Buster Gundam | GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam | GAT-X1022 Blu Duel Gundam | GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam
Linear Gun Tank
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
TFA-4DE GAZuOOT | TMF/A-802 BuCUE | TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound | ZGMF-1000/A1 Gunner ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1000/K Slash ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1000/M Blaze ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1017 GINN
GSX-401FW Stargazer Gundam | UT-1D Civilian Astray DSSD Custom
ZGMF-1017 GINN Insurgent Type