Technology & Combat Characteristics
GMs that were captured by Zeon, would typically use Zeon manufactured weaponry such as the MS-06 Zaku II's 120mm Machine Gun. These units would usually be repainted into a new color scheme and featured the Zeon emblem on one of their shoulders or shield, to help distinguish them from the Federation GMs.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- The Vulcan guns were 60mm Gatling Guns stored on the sides of the GM's head. Having the greatest rate of fire of all the GM's weapons these are primarily used to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles, or hit other fast moving targets. They also made good use as an anti-aircraft and anti-personnel weapons.
- 120mm Machine Gun
- The 120mm machine gun is a standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. This model used a 100-round drum magazine.
- 120mm Assault Rifle
- A long-barreled weapon used for long-range and support attacks, it fires highly accurate solid rounds.
- MMP-80/90mm Ver.8 Machine Gun
- As part of the United Maintenance Plan, new weapons were produced. They could be paired by numerous weapons such as the MMP-80 90mm machine gun. The machine gun is magazine-fed with 32 rounds per mag.
- A broad blade that can be used in close-combat like a short sword.
- The Gefangener GM can optionally equip the same shield as the RGM-79 GM, Renchef's captured unit by U.C. 0084 equips the shield used by the MS-07B Gouf. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Shields are also treated with an anti-beam coating to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically, physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
Zeon had used captured RGM-79 GMs for false flag tactics and operations. Officially, these captured GMs were called Gefangener GMs (Gefangener being a German word meaning "prisoner" or "captive"). These captured GMs were also used for performance research. In U.C. 0081 one unit would be piloted by Invisible Knights member Ailos Bade, who would use it in the MS-08TX/N Efreet Nacht recapture mission.
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO Mission Complete, pg. 5