Technology & Combat Characteristics
GMs that were captured by Zeon, would typically use Zeon manufactured weaponry such as the MS-06 Zaku II's 120mm Machine Gun. These units would usually be repainted into a new color scheme and featured the Zeon emblem on one of their shoulders or shield, to help distinguish them from the Federation GMs.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, the pair of shell firing weapons have high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- 120mm Machine Gun
- A standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. This model used a 100-round drum magazine.
- 120mm Assault Rifle
- A new model assault rifle that appears to be an upgrade of the MMP-78 machine gun.
- MMP-80/90mm Ver.8 Machine Gun
- An alternative to the 120mm Machine Gun. It used 90mm bullets instead of 120mm type, allowing for a greater firing speed and better penetration capabilities. The machine gun is magazine-fed with 32 rounds per mag.
- FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-003 Shield
- A basic defense armament for the Federation's GM series. It is composed of a triple honeycomb structure made of Luna Titanium and the surface also has anti-beam coating for defending against beam attacks.
Zeon had used captured RGM-79 GMs for false flag tactics and operations. Officially, these captured GMs were called Gefangener GMs These captured GMs were also used for performance research. In U.C. 0081 one unit would be piloted by Invisible Knights member Ailos Bade, who would use it in the MS-08TX/N Efreet Nacht recapture mission.
Notes & Trivia
"Gefangener" is German for "prisoner" or "captive", although the same term can also mean the adjective "captured", which would be the grammatically correct translation here
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO Mission Complete, pg. 5