Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgraded version of the Gundam Airmaster, the Airmaster Burst not only features an improvement in aerial mobility thanks to the added auxiliary boosters on the wings, it also has new weaponry. A pair of beam cannons are mounted in each booster and the original nose-mounted vulcan guns were replaced by a single nose beam cannon. The suit retains the buster rifles and head vulcan guns, but can no longer mount the optional shoulder missiles. Instead, it can use an optional missile rifle. The Airmaster Burst can also dock with the B Part of the GS-9900 G-Falcon, increasing its speed in Fighter Mode.
- Head Vulcan
- A pair of vulcan guns are built into the head and they are most effective in close combat. They have low firepower, but are capable of rapid-fire.
- Nose Beam Cannon
- A large caliber beam cannon mounted under the fighter mode's nose unit, it replaces the original Airmaster's nose vulcans. The nose beam cannon is the fighter mode's primary weapon and is capable of destroying multiple mobile suits in one shot. It can be fired in mobile suit mode to destroy enemy units overhead.
- Booster Beam Cannon
- Each of the wing-mounted auxillary boosters is equipped with a pair of beam cannons at the front, for a total of four booster beam cannons. These beam cannons can be used in fighter mode or mobile suit mode.
- Buster Rifle
- The same pair of high performance beam rifles as equipped by the original Airmaster. The buster rifles are made of lightweight luna-titanium alloy to ensure the mobile suit's mobility. As a result, they only weigh about half that of normal beam rifles, while having equal, if not, higher firepower. In fighter mode, each buster rifle is attached to dedicated latch on the outside of each forearm and can be fired in this manner. In mobile suit mode, they are handheld when in use and stored on the side skirt armor when not needed.
- Missile Rifle
- An optional handheld firearm, it is a composite weaponry consisting of a beam rifle with missiles on both sides. Such a design allows the weapon to launch a variety of attacks.
Special Equipment & Features
- Trans System
While staying in the People's Republic of Estard in Asia, the Vulture crew of the Freeden was forced again to fight the forces of the New United Nations Earth. Among them were two units of the new Mobile Armor, the NRMA-006 Gadeels, which outperformed the 15 year old Gundam Airmaster and badly damaged it. Freeden mechanic Kid Salsamille then took up the offer of the Estard government to help in the repair of the Gundam Airmaster and together they upgraded the damaged suit into the more powerful Gundam Airmaster Burst. With his new and better equipped suit, pilot Witz Sou was more than capable of fighting against the new Mobile Weapons of the New UNE. He also used it during the 8th Space War between the New UNE and the Space Revolutionary Army. It is not known what happened to the suit after the war between the two forces ended.
Notes and Trivia