Technology & Combat Characteristics
A new mobile suit used by A-Laws' pilots, Revive Revival and Hiling Care, the Gadessa specialized in bombardment and is more advanced than the GNX-704T Ahead. This machine actually belonged to the “GNZ Series” of mobile suits created and used exclusively by the Innovades that called themselves Innovators, and both Revive and Hiling are members of this group. The GNZ series was developed using data of Celestial Being's previous generations of Gundams that was stored in Veda, a quantum processing system seized by the leader of the Innovators, Ribbons Almark. The GNZ series started with the prototype GNZ-001 GRM Gundam, which became the basis for the Gadessa.
Weapon technology from the GN-005 Gundam Virtue was also incorporated into the Gadessa, with its main armament, the GN Mega Launcher, being developed from Virtue's GN Bazooka. To cope with this large, long-range beam cannon's high consumption of GN Particles, a large GN Condenser was built into each of Gadessa's shoulders, and this is similar to the measures adopted by the Virtue. Other than the GN Mega Launcher, the Gadessa is also armed with two GN Beam Sabers, two GN Vulcans and six GN Cutters, and can engage in close to medium-range combat without any issues. Overall, the Gadessa has high basic performance despite specializing in bombardment, and it became the basis for other GNZ series machines. These machines are often regarded as variants of the Gadessa, and are also known as "Gadessa-series" machines.
With support from Veda, the Gadessa and its variants displayed performance superior to ordinary mobile suits'. The performance of the GNZ series machines was also said to be comparable to the Gundams' due to utilization of the Gundams' data in their development. Although Revive Revival's and Hiling Care's Gadessa each has a unique color scheme, there is no differences in performance between the two machines. Later, stolen data from the Celestial Being made it possible for the Gadessa to utilize the Trans-Am System even though it is powered by the GN Drive Tau. When this system is activated, the Gadessa glows red and its output is increased by three fold for a brief period of time.
Like the GRM Gundam, the Gadessa has an escape unit known as "Core Fighter" to increase the survivability of its pilot. The Gadessa's Core Fighter is an improved version of the GRM Gundam's, it consisted of the mobile suit's backpack and the chest-mounted cockpit block. During an emergency, the Core Fighter ejects from the back of the mobile suit and flies off at high-speed. To allow the pilot to return to combat, additional Gadessas were built. The Gadessa's backpack also housed its GN Drive Tau. Like the one used in the GNX-609T GN-XIII, the Gadessa's GN Drive Tau is significantly improved, with performance close to that of the original GN Drive previously utilized by the third generation Gundams.
The Gadessa's cockpit featured touch panels in addition to physical buttons, and has a retractable sniping scope for use with the GN Mega Launcher in the compartment left of the pilot seat's headrest. The same cockpit was also utilized in Gadessa's variants, and in the mobile armors made by the Innovators – the GNMA-Y0001 Empruss and the GNMA-0001V Regnant. The size of the Gadessa matched that of the A-Laws' Ahead, and this is to allow it to utilize the organization's ships and facilities. As an improvement over the Gundams, the Gadessa has a third camera known as "Line Sensor" above its twin eye cameras, and it enhances the mobile suit's shooting accuracy, enemy search ability and information gathering ability.
The mobile suit also has a Gundam-like face, but the portion below the eyes is hidden by a mask, which also slides up to cover the eyes when the machine is not operating. The Gadessa's feet are normally folded, they only unfold when the mobile suit requires ground contact, such as for landing. This foldable design is because combat against other GN Drive-type mobile suits, such as the Gundams, are primarily aerial battles. For long-range, high speed-travel, the Gadessa can equip a pair of optional leg-mounted booster units. After the Innovators' defeat, the Gadessa and its variants served as the basis for the Celestial Being's CB-002 Raphael Gundam, while the Earth Sphere Federation Forces utilized their technologies in the GNMA-Y0002V Gadelaza.
- GN Mega Launcher
- The Gadessa's main weapon, this large, long-range beam cannon is developed based on the GN-005 Gundam Virtue's GN Bazooka and is also an improved version of the GNZ-001 GRM Gundam's GN Mega Launcher. The length of the GN Mega Launcher exceeds the Gadessa's height, while its firing range is beyond that of the missiles launched from ships such as the EDI-402 Laohu and the Virginia-class. Furthermore, comments by Gadessa's pilots suggested that only few mobile suits have ranged weapons or capabilities that match or surpass the GN Mega Launcher's firing range. The GN Mega Launcher has a circular muzzle hidden behind three gun barrels. After these barrels slide apart, a huge, high output beam made of highly compressed GN Particles is fired from the muzzle. This beam can destroy a ship like the Laohu in a single shot, and even punch through the CBS-74 Ptolemaios 2's GN Field, but to achieve such high destructive power, the GN Mega Launcher has to be charged before firing, similar to the Virtue's GN Bazooka.
- A retractable sniping scope in a compartment left of the pilot seat's headrest can be used in conjunction with the GN Mega Launcher during long-range shooting. The Gadessa can also mount up to two energy packs on its rear skirt armor to increase the number of shots fired from the weapon. A single energy pack allows for two additional shots, with two packs allowing for a maximum of four more shots. Besides firing high output beams from the circular muzzle, each gun barrel of the GN Mega Launcher has a built-in beam rifle function, and can rapid-fire beams out of their front openings. As such, the GN Mega Launcher can double as a triple-barreled beam rifle that is suitable for restricting enemy movements or when the charge time of the GN Mega Launcher's high output beam is deemed too long. When not in use, the GN Mega Launcher is stored horizontally on the rear skirt armor, with its rear conical section slightly retracted.
- GN Beam Saber
- Stored in the left and right side skirt armor, the pair of GN Beam Sabers are the Gadessa's primary close combat weapon. When in use, the saber's grip slides out from the back of the side skirt armor for grabbing by the Gadessa's hand, and once in hand, a beam bladed is emitted. As the Gadessa is primarily designed for long-ranged combat, usages of the GN Beam Sabers are low.
- GN Vulcan
- Built into the tip of each forearm, the pair of GN Vulcans are low-powered beam guns that can be rapid-fired intermittently and have high utility value. They are used for restricting enemy's movements, creating a barrage, intercepting missiles, etc. Additionally, the GN Vulcans have extremely broad field of fire due to the forearm's wide motion range.
- GN Cutter
- The four green fins on the shoulders and the two red fins on the upper forearms can be used as close combat weapons when they are covered with a thin layer of GN Field that increases their strength. The GN Cutters are highly effective in combat as they can be weaponized instantly and do not need any preparatory actions.
Special Equipment & Features
- Core Fighter
- The backpack of the Gadessa is physically connected to the cockpit block in the chest, and they can turn into an escape unit known as "Core Fighter" during an emergency, increasing the survivability of the mobile suit's pilot. This Core Fighter is an improved version of the one used by Gadessa's predecessor, the GNZ-001 GRM Gundam, which in turn was based on the Core Fighter of the second generation Gundam, the GNY-004 Gundam Plutone. During an emergency, the Gadessa's left and right back armor pieces are purged, the backpack and the connected cockpit block subsequently eject from the mobile suit's back, the cockpit block then flips up before the Core Fighter flies off at high-speed. The Core Fighter can be activated by the pilot, or is ejected automatically if the pilot cannot react in time to a sudden attack that caused widespread damages to the mobile suit. The GNZ-005 Garazzo and the GNZ-007 Gaddess are equipped with the same Core Fighter as the Gadessa.
- When activated, this system releases at once all the compressed high-density GN Particles accumulated in a machine, enhancing its thrust and defensive capabilities as well as allowing it to perform at three times its normal output for a limited time. Additionally, the entire machine will glow red and afterimages are generated during movements. This system was originally usable only by the original GN Drive-equipped Gundams, but the Innovators created a version usable by their GN Drive Tau-equipped mobile suits, such as the Gadessa, after the spy Anew Returner brought back data from the Celestial Being. However, the GN Drive Tau becomes inoperable after using Trans-Am and must be replaced, and until then, the mobile suit operates using the particles remaining in its GN Condensers.
- The operating system of the Gadessa and its variants is linked to Veda, allowing these machines and their pilots to receive support from the quantum processing system, resulting in performance superior to ordinary mobile suits'. Revive Revival's Gadessa and Hiling Care's Garazzo seem to have an alternate stand-alone operating system, as they were able to resume operation after their link to Veda was severed.
- Booster Unit
- A pair of large booster units can be attached to the Gadessa's legs for long-range, high-speed travel, and they are also used by other GNZ series machines. Featuring multiple attitude control verniers in the recessed areas and a GN vernier at the rear, these optional boosters are longer than the Gadessa's legs and they cover till the top of the mobile suit's knee armor. The boosters automatically attach to the mobile suit's legs using docking lasers, and are easily purged when not needed.
- Television Series
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Episode 33, Twistedness of Innocence - (First Appearances)
- Episode 34, The Indelible Past
- Episode 35, Light of Heaven
- Episode 36, 00's Voice
- Episode 37, Wait for Me in Space
- Episode 38, Assault on Memento Mori
- Episode 39, I Can Hear a Song
- Episode 40, Victory Song of the Resistance
- Episode 44, Shadow of the Innovators
- Episode 45, Anew Returns
- Episode 46, The Door of Change
- Episode 48, Flower of Life
- Episode 49, Beyond
- Episode 50, Rebirth
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 33, Twistedness of Innocence
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 38, Assault on Memento Mori
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 39, I Can Hear a Song
- HG00 1/144 GNZ-003 Gadessa model kit manual
- Gundam 00 Official Website Gadessa Profile
- 'Veda ~Mobile Suit Gundam 00~ "Ultimate" Art Works II' Book
- 'Dengeki Data Collection - Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season' Book
- The Official Gundam Perfect File Vol. 21– GNZ-003 Gadessa / GNZ-005 Garazzo Mechanic File
- HG00 1/144 GNZ-005 Garazzo model kit manual
- 'Gundam Weapons - Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Special Edition' Book
- MS development chart from PG 00 Raiser model kit manual
- Japanese Gundam.Info Website Gadessa Profile
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 40, Victory Song of the Resistance
- 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Archives Second Season' Book
- Translation of information from 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Mechanics 2nd' book in 00 Forums
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00F - Consonance of 00F Chapter 17
- 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00N integrated G-ROOMS' Book
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 -A wakening of the Trailblazer- Official Site Raphael Gundam Profile
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 49, Beyond
- HG00 1/144 GNZ-005 Hiling Care's Garazzo model kit manual
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00P Special Edition File No.S01 Gundam Astraea Type F
- HG00 1/144 GNZ-007 Gaddess model kit manual
- 'Mobile Suit Illustrated 2013 [Popular Edition]' Book
- 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Data Archives' Book
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 48, Flower of Life
- The Official Gundam Perfect File Vol. 42 World Guide: GN Particles & GN Drive
- The Official Gundam Perfect File Vol. 59– GNZ-001 GRM Gundam Mechanic File
- Various Linearts & Details (2) in References Gallery
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 37, Wait for Me in Space
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 44, Shadow of the Innovators
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 45, Anew Returns
- MG 1/100 GNX-603T GN-X model kit manual
- Various Linearts & Details (1) in References Gallery
- 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Mechanics Final' Book
- The Official Gundam Perfect File Vol. 51– GNMA-Y0002V Gadelaza Mechanic File
- The Official Gundam Perfect File Vol. 107– CB-002 Raphael Gundam Mechanic File
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 36, 00's Voice
- Gundam 00V Official Website Mechanic Page
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 23, Stop the World
- Gundam 00 Official Website Exia Profile
- HG00 1/144 GNX-Y901TW Susanowo [Trans-Am Mode] model kit manual
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition 3: Return the World
- DX Mechanics March 09 Issue
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 50, Rebirth
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 35, Light of Heaven
- Various Linearts (3) in Garazzo's References Gallery
- Gundam 00 G-ROOMS Chapter 2