Technology & Combat Characteristics
A transformable aerial combat mobile suit, the Gundam Abulhool Type F Black's fighter mode resembles a F-22 Raptor, fast and highly maneuverable. Abulhool alone has only GN Vulcans for dog-fighting, but it can carry missile pods. The nose of its fighter form has head for visual sensors. One feature that the Abulhool possesses that makes it unique among the Gundam units is that it has a secondary propulsion system that utilizes plasma jets instead of the standard GN vernier. This is likely a feature installed to help hide the fact that Abulhool is a Gundam when in fighter jet mode. Abulhool is the only mobile unit with two heads. The chest area of Abulhool is also the nose in its fighter jet form, there the extra head can provide additional sensory data for the pilot to use.
- GN Vulcan
- These weapons are smaller cousins to the GN Beam weapon. Typically locations include head and wrist mounted system, both ensuring a wide field of fire. Purely secondary weapons, they are used to engage soft targets, and in a defensive capacity.
- GN Hand Missile
- An optional weapon, one GN Hand Missile can be mounted under each of Abulhool Type F Black's wings. This is the same versatile Gundam armament as used by GN-003 Gundam Kyrios during the assault on Human Reform League's colony. It is a 3-tube missile launcher, with 3 missiles in each tube for a total of 9 missiles per launcher.
Special Equipment & Features
The Black Abulhool first appeared in chapter 19, accompanying the rest of the Innovators' GNY series to destroy Fon Spaak in the Gundam Astraea Type F2 and Hixar Fermi in the Gundam Sadalsuud Type F. While Black Sefer Rasiel battles the Gundam Sadalsuud Type F, the rest battle Gundam Astraea Type F2, and were taken down by Fon single handedly using Trans-Am. Some time afterwards, Black Abulhool was salvaged and repaired by Fon for his own uses and was given the Fereshte's paint scheme.
Notes & Trivia
- Abulhool is Arabic in origin from abu elhool literally meaning "father of fear" used to refer to the Great Sphinx. And it is associated with the Tarot Card: The Chariot.
- The mobile suit mode of the GNY-003 Gundam Abulhool bears some similarity to the GERWALK mode of the variable fighters of the Macross franchise.
- Gundam Abulhool Flight Mode looks similar to real-life 5th generation jet fighter, such as the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.