Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GN Archer is a modified GNY-0042-874 Gundam Artemie and was developed to be a support machine for the GN-007 Arios Gundam. The concept of this feminine mobile suit is to be an enhanced version of the Tail Booster utilized by the GN-003 Gundam Kyrios, and it can transform into a Flight Form that can dock with the Arios Gundam's own Flight Form. This combined form is known as the "Archer Arios", with the attached GN Archer boosting the Arios Gundam's performance. Despite having its own cockpit, there is no need for a pilot when the GN Archer when it is docked with the Arios. When controlled by its own pilot, the GN Archer (in MS Form or Flight Form) can fight independently or in coordination with the Arios.
As it is a re-purposed Gundam, the GN Archer's transformation mechanism is simplistic and it retains a Gundam face behind its visor. The GN Archer is powered by a super-large GN Condenser instead of a GN Drive, and this limited its operating time. Therefore, it has to dock with the Arios Gundam periodically to replenish its particle supply. Under certain situations, this can become a liability as GN Archer can hinder the Arios in combat. It is armed with two GN beam rifles, GN vulcans, GN beam sabers, and GN missiles. Combined with Marie's piloting skills, it performed well as Arios' partner, on par with the other Gundams.
- GN Beam Rifle
- The GN Archer is equipped with two GN Beam Rifles. The muzzle of these rifles are wider compared to those used by Gundams and can thus fire beams that have a wider attack area. Instead of attacking the enemy, the main purpose of the rifles is to protect allied units. Usable only in MS mode. When using a GN beam saber, one of the rifle is stored on the waist.
- GN Vulcan
- Two beam guns built into the nose unit of the GN Archer's Flight Mode, they have low power but high firing rate. They are used for dogfighting, intercepting missiles, and the likes during aerial battles, while in mobile suit combat, they are mainly for restricting enemy's movements.
- GN Beam Saber
- Same type of close combat weaponry as used by the Gundams. The GN Archer has two of them stored in its thighs, and they are usable only in MS mode.
- GN Missile
- The GN Archer can fire GN Missiles from the 16 vertical launch tubes mounted in the two side units that also contain the mobile suit's main thrusters. These GN Missiles have homing capability and when they hit their targets, they inject GN particles to destroy the enemy from within.
The GN Archer was developed by Linda Vashti at the Langrange 3 asteroid base as a support machine for the GN-007 Arios Gundam. The Archer was first used attached to the Arios to escort the escape ships away from the combat zone, and later to defend a crippled Ptolemy 2 on Earth against GNZ-003 Gadessa. Later on, Marie Parfacy volunteered to launch in the GN Archer when the Ptolemaios 2 was at risk of being overrun by A-Laws forces, but this was cut off when the A-Laws were recalled to deal with the Federation coup led by Pang Hercury.
Marie subsequently become the pilot for the GN Archer, and it was first used in Mobile Suit form during the Break Pillar Incident. After the incident, Marie's Soma personality took over and participated in all of Celestial Being's operations with GN Archer. She confronted Andrei Smirnov once, fighting equally with the GN Archer, only to be stopped by Allelujah Haptism and Saji Crossroad from chasing Andrei.
In the final battle against the Innovators, Allelujah/Arios and Soma/GN Archer were responsible for covering Ptolemy 2 which was docked at the Innovators' colony ship. Just when GN Archer ran low on GN particles and needed to dock with Arios, it was severely damaged by several GNZ-004 Gagas that rammed into it. Soma was injured, leaving only Allelujah/Arios to protect the disabled GN Archer and Ptolemy 2. The fate of GN Archer after the battle is unknown, but its data was later combined with those of the Arios to develop the GN-011 Gundam Harute.
Notes & Trivia
- The GN Archer appears alongside Arios in Gundam Extreme Vs. as its Assist. Unlike other Assists, GN Archer is automatically deployed and follows Arios wherever it goes and is invulnerable to damage, able to act as a shield while being able to fire back. GN Archer also docks with Arios in Flight Mode as well.