Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Regnant is a transformable Mobile Armor created by the Innovators for Louise Halevy. Unlike its base unit, the Empruss, the Regnant is capable of switching between Mobile Armor mode and Mobile Suit mode. When in Mobile Suit mode, the Regnant is larger than any other known mobile suit. Underneath the Regnant's mask is a Gundam-style head, an irony considering its pilot's hatred for Gundams.
The Regnant has two GN Particle Cannons, one for use in each of its modes, and they have the unique ability to alter their beam’s trajectory to curve and make sharp turns, allowing them to shoot down evading targets. Other weaponry include eight Egnar Wipes, four GN Missile Launchers and 10 GN Fangs, and it also retains the Empruss’ wing-mounted Anti-ship GN Swords. With this variety of weapons, the Regnant is capable of both ranged and close combat. It also has an enhanced GN Field that can withstand a Hyper Burst beam from the GN-008 Seravee Gundam.
- GN Fang
- The Regnant possesses 10 GN Fangs which resemble clawed fingers when not in use. They are capable of piercing any armor, and are similar in role to the Arche Gundam's Fangs. They require periodic recharging to ensure their continued usage.
- GN Particle Cannon
- Similar to the cannon unit installed on the GNMA-Y0001 Empruss, the Regnant's GN Particle cannon is just as powerful, but the beam fired can change direction based on the location of the enemy. There is one cannon located in the front section for mobile armor mode and one located in the chest for mobile suit mode, though both units cannot be used at the same time.
- Egner Whip
- Mounted in sets of four per hand, these cables can wrap around enemy mobile suits and electrocute them.
- GN Missiles Launcher
- The Regnant has a pair of missile launchers in each arm, with 8 missiles per hand. These are capable of dealing similar damage like other GN Missile models to date.
- Anti Ship GN Sword
- The two "wings" of the Regnant are large GN Swords, useful for slicing enemy battleships or mobile suits.
Special Equipment & Features
- Bit Control System
Innovator leader Ribbons Almark gave the Regnant to Louise Halevy, to eradicate Celestial Being. In her first battle, she demonstrates the Regnant's power against the Gundams, as the bending particle beams outclassed them and then caught them off-guard with electric wires. However, 00 Raiser was able to sever the wires and threw one of its GN Sword IIs at it before shooting the sword, causing damage to the Regnant and forcing the Innovators to retreat.
The Regnant's second mission was to accompany Mr. Bushido/Susanowo to the Eclipse colony at L5. There, Louise/Regnant mauled the Gundam Throne Drei until it was destroyed. The Regnant then returned to the A-Laws fleet.
Shortly before the final battle between the A-Laws and Celestial Being Louise/Regnant left the fleet alongside Hiling/Garazzo, Revive/Gadessa, and Andrei/Ahead to go to the Celestial Being mothership.
In its final battle against the 00 Raiser, Louise had Regnant capture the stunned Gundam in a bear hug, holding in place so that the two machines could be struck by three Gaga units. Saji fired missiles at the machines and destroyed two of them but they were still hit by the third, knocking Louise unconscious. The Regnant looked unharmed though, suggesting that it might have just received minor damage. After the Earth Sphere Federation takes over the Celestial Being mothership they discover both the Gaga units and Regnant.
Notes & Trivia
- Regnant's beam bending ability is similar to the GAT-X252 Forbidden Gundam's ability to bend the beam fired from its "Hresvelgr" plasma induction cannon.