The GN-009GNHW/B Seraphim Gundam GNHW/B (aka Seraphim Gundam GNHW/B) is the heavy weapons variant of the GN-009 Seraphim Gundam and the partner unit to GN-008GNHW/B Seravee Gundam GNHW/B. Appearing in Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition 3: Return of the World, it is piloted by Tieria Erde.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GN Heavy Weapon System/Beam (GNHW/B), which had been developed for the Seravee Gundam, could also be equipped on the Seraphim Gundam. The Seravee Gundam's additional equipment like the GN Verniers and hip GN Cannons are connected to the Seraphim Gundam in backpack mode, allowing the Seraphim Gundam to use them even when separated.
- GN Beam Saber
- An armament for close combat, with one stored in each arm. Just like the GN Cannons, the sabers can be used in either backpack or mobile suit mode.
- GN Cannon
- Either in its backpack configuration or as a mobile suit, the Seraphim's primary and most powerful weapons are the GN Cannons located within its arms. In cannon configuration, the hands fold into the barrel. Each GN Cannon is capable of firing a powerful beam that can destroy a mobile suit or significantly damage a larger target. Two more GN Cannons are added to the hips when in the Seraphim Gundam GNHW/B form. When Seraphim Gundam GNHW/B is docked with Seravee GNHW/B, the two hip-mounted GN Cannons are available to the latter, and rotate forward to augment Seravee's firepower.
- GN Beam Machine Gun
- A small beam gun developed for the Seraphim. When not in use, it is mounted on the leg.
- GN Bazooka II
- A weapon borrowed from the Seravee Gundam. However, since this machine is not equipped with a large GN condenser, its power is reduced.
Special Equipment & Features
- Face Burst Mode
- Seravee's rear has a hidden face behind its back, the hidden backpack form of Seraphim. Since Seraphim contains the GN Drive, it disperses excess GN particles when needed and stores the particles when Face Burst Mode isn't needed. When high GN particle output is needed, a second Gundam face reveals itself hidden under the armor pack. When the second face reveals, the lower sides of its face vents large amounts of GN particles necessary for immediate GN Field generation/regeneration and works in conjunction with Seravee's GN particle weapons for higher destructive yield. The GN particle vents also provides additional thrust for maneuvering and hauling. Face Burst Mode is the most actively used function of Seravee. For Seraphim, Face Burst Mode activates in conjunction with Trial.
- A system that generates an invisible field, shutting down any mobile weapon that's connected to Veda in the field's effective range. The development of the GN-004/te-A02 Gundam Nadleeh Akwos has expanded the effective range of the trial system. Its scope is enough to cover the entire area of Lagrange 2.
For more information regarding the GN-009GNHW/B Seraphim Gundam GNHW/B, please see Tieria Erde's page.
Notes & Trivia