Technology & Combat Characteristics
The SEM is an unmanned mass-production version of GN-009 Seraphim Gundam. Noticeable differences include the non-Gundam head design and the utilization of a particle storage tank instead of a GN Drive. Two such units are attached onto the GN-008GNHW/3G Seravee Gundam GNHW/3G, and since they are controlled using quantum communications from Seraphim, their remote control range is theoretically infinite. The main purpose of the SEMs is to operate alongside the Seraphim, expanding the effective range of the Trial System to an area of several hundred kilometers.
- GN Beam Machine Gun
- A small beam gun specifically designed for the Seraphim and the SEM. It can be stored on the right knee when it is not being used.
- GN Beam Saber
- An armament for close combat, with one stored in each arm. Just like the GN Cannons, the sabers can be used in either backpack or mobile suit mode.
- GN Cannon
- Either in its backpack configuration or as a mobile suit, the SEM's primary and most powerful weapons are the GN Cannons located within its arms. In cannon configuration, the hands fold into the barrel. Each GN Cannon is capable of firing a powerful beam that can destroy a mobile suit or significantly damage a larger target.
- GN Shield
- A small shield stored on the SEM's left knee. It is an improved version of Cherudim Gundam's GN Shield Bit, and retains the built-in beam gun. However, it cannot be operated remotely and is handheld when in use.
Special Equipment & Features
- The SEMs help extend the range of Seraphim's Trial System, disabling all enemy units with GN Drive technology and linked to Veda that are within the effective range.
During the conflict between A-Laws and Celestial Being, A-Laws continuously introduced new and more formidable MS and MA units to challenge CB's Gundams. The demand for more powerful weapons was necessary to help Celestial Being and their Meisters maintain an edge in future conflicts. An upgrade design was drafted for both Seravee and Seraphim as part of their GN-H(eavy)-W(eapons) development, GN-008GNHW/3G Seravee Gundam GNHW/3G. Though the development was sped up as a trump card to the enemy Innovators, manufacturing of the two SEMs was difficult. Furthermore, since Veda was still in enemy's hands, the two SEMs would not be able to demonstrate their capabilities. As such, Seravee sortied in the final battle with GNHW/B.
Notes & Trivia
- The name SEM - Hebrew "name", "fame", "renown"; in Septuagint, Sem; A.V., Shem.
- The name, SEraphiM is also analog to GundaM.
- PG 1/60 GN-0000+GNR-010 00 Raiser manual