Technology & Combat Characteristics
The fourth modified version of the Gundam Exia, it is piloted by Graham who joined Celestial Being after being scouted by Exia's original pilot, Setsuna F. Seiei. Graham nicknamed it "Graham Gundam", believing that he and the mobile suit are entwined by the red thread of fate as the Exia was the first Gundam he met. Created after the confrontation with ELS, the Exia Repair IV was completed in a short time as a number of developmental technologies and prototype equipment were utilized for its weaponry, left arm, etc. It also has high performance despite being based on an old mobile suit.
Instead of being powered by a Large GN Condenser like its base unit, the Exia Repair III, the Exia Repair IV is powered by a GN Drive Tau. New, prototype GN Condensers are mounted in each part of the body, enabling this GN Drive Tau powered machine to use exceptionally large amount of GN Particles. Its newly designed left arm incorporated technologies meant for the future sixth generation Gundams and has a trial function for brief, localized activation of Trans-Am. The new GN Condenser in the left arm is also optimized for this function. Although the left arm's internal frame is exposed, it possesses sufficient toughness.
The parts where there are no major change in appearances are enhanced as much as possible, and the Exia Repair IV's internal structure is modified to be comparable to the fourth generation Gundams'. New, prototype clavicle antennas are mounted on its shoulders, allowing it to display performance comparable to current Gundams through GN Particles manipulation. Configured to suit Graham's left-handedness, the Exia Repair IV is armed with seven blades, inheriting the original Exia's "Seven Swords" development code. Most of these blades originated as prototypes of GNT-0000 00 Qan[T]'s GN Sword V.
- GN Tachi
- The Exia Repair IV's main weapon. Named after a type of Japanese sword, it has the longest blade amongst the Gundam's weaponry. Developed based on the data of the 00 Qan[T]'s GN Sword V, it incorporated added enhancements. Inheriting features of the GN Sword V, such as its slender blade, the GN Tachi also served as a foundation for the GN Sword VI. It is stored on a holster on the Exia Repair IV's back.
- GN Bayonet
- A short-sword styled weapon. It is one of the prototypes created during the development of 00 Qan[T]'s GN Sword V, and can switch between Sword mode and Rifle mode for melee and range combat respectively. A pair of them are stored on the rear waist's arm unit.
- GN Shield
- A defensive armament attached to the right upper back and positioned over the right shoulder, it resembles the 00 Qan[T]'s GN Shield. It also serves as the storage point for the GN Battle Blades and the GN Battle Swords.
- GN Battle Sword & GN Battle Blade
- Two GN Battle Swords and two GN Blade Blades are stored on the GN Shield, with their blades pointing downward and upward respectively. They can also be differentiated through their blades' length, with the GN Battle Blades having shorter blades than the GN Battle Swords. Like the GN Bayonets, they are also prototypes of 00 Qan[T]'s GN Sword V. Unlike the 00 Qan[T]'s GN Sword Bits, they cannot function as bits.
Special Equipment & Features
- When activated, this system enhances Exia Repair IV's thrust and defensive capabilities, as well as boost its output by threefold for a limited time. The entire Gundam also glows red as a side effect and afterimages are generated during movements. Due to a trial function installed in the Exia Repair IV's left arm, this particular arm is capable of localized Trans-Am. This function is expected to lead to new usage methods, such as activating Trans-Am only at time of striking.
Notes & Trivia
- Despite returning to the original Exia's concept of having seven swords, the Exia Repair IV is ironically the only Exia variant not to wield a GN Sword.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 Exia Repair IV's profile published in promotional material for Metal Build figurine
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 Fan Translation of Exia Repair IV's profile published in promotional material for Metal Build figurine
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Promotional Video for Metal Build figurine
|Gundam 00 Festival 10 "Re:vision" Mechanics|
|Fereshte / Celestial Being|
GN-001REIV Gundam Exia Repair IV | GN-002REIII Gundam Dynames Repair III