Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gundam Avalanche Exia' is the Gundam Avalanche Exia equipped with the new leg-mounted Dash Unit, which better adapt the suit to operating in space. Like the Avalanche Unit of the Avalanche Exia, the Dash Unit has multiple GN Condensers and their stored GN Particles can be released through GN Verniers and vents for a brief period of heightened mobility. The Dash Unit is also armed with two GN Claws that can emit a GN Beam Saber each.
Thanks to the new condenser technology developed around the time of the Dash Unit's creation, the Avalanche and Dash Units' GN Condensers can be charged with more GN Particles and at a faster rate. Thus, the operational time of Exia Avalanche' exceeds what was achievable on the original Avalanche Exia. The data of the Avalanche Exia' was later used to develop the GNR-001 GN Arms.
The Avalanche Exia' can switch to two different modes: High Mobility Mode and High Speed Mode. The High Mobility Mode enhances the suit's AMBAC capability - a form of attitude control via movement of mass. This is achieved through the unfolding of the shoulder-mounted parts of the Avalanche Unit and the leg-mounted Dash Unit, causing them to be positioned further away from the suit's center of gravity, in conjunction with the mass manipulation ability of the GN Particles stored within these parts' GN Condensers. The High Mobility Mode is particularly useful during close combat in space, allowing fine movements at high speed without consuming any particles.
In High Speed Mode, all the GN Verniers are deployed, maximizing the high-speed movement capabilities of the Avalanche and Dash Units. It is not an exaggeration to say that this mode is the main purpose of the Avalanche and Dash Units. Since the Avalanche Exia' is for space-use, its High Speed Mode does not require the linkage of the shoulder and forearm parts, which the Avalanche Exia's High Speed Mode does to reduce aerial resistance when flying in the atmosphere.
The Avalanche Exia' retains the same Seven Swords armaments as the Avalanche Exia. Like the Avalanche Exia, Avalanche Exia' can use its bladed weapons with higher penetrative and destructive power than the normal Exia due to the enhanced speed caused by the suit's increased mobility.
- GN Beam Saber
- A hilt with the ability to activate beam blade by generating a positron field filled with GN Particles. Mounted on the back of the shoulders. One disadvantage is their performance varies depending on the surrounding atmospheric conditions.
- GN Beam Dagger
- Possesses the same power output as the GN beam saber and operates in the same manner, but was designed to generate a shorter and more concentrated beam that is harder to diffuse. Setsuna has made a habit of throwing them during combat. Mounted on the back of the shoulders.
- GN Long Blade & GN Short Blade
- These are Exia's customized solid swords that differ in size from the main GN Sword and took the longest time in Exia's arsenal to develop. Because the GN Sword has difficulty doing damage without a certain amount of swing and space due to its size, these were designed in order to give the Exia solid blades that can be used in a variety of situations that the GN Sword has difficulty with. It possess the ability to cut through 2 meters of conventional E-Carbon armor. Both are stored on the left side of the back.
- GN Claw
- A pair of claws stored in the tip of the leg-mounted Dash Unit, they unfold when in use. The GN Claws achieve high destructive power during close combat by deploying a weak GN Field, and the central part of each GN Claw can emit a GN Beam Saber.
- GN Shield
- The same GN Shield as used by the normal Exia. It possesses an "expansion" mode where the left and right blue sections move outwards and increase the defense area, but the drawbacks are increased particle consumption as well as a decrease in the overall defense property of the shield due to the increased area that GN Field element covers.
- GN Sword
- The primary armament of the Exia and its variants. The Avalanche Exia' stores the GN Sword on the right side of its back, and carries it on the right forearm during use. The GN Sword's blade has a GN Particle coating for higher cutting capabilities during use; the blade is usable even if the coating function is switched off. Despite its high destructive power, the blade's large size makes it unwieldy in narrow areas. By folding the blade down, the GN Sword switches to Rifle mode and functions as a beam rifle.
- GN Vulcan
- Small guns installed in both forearms. Purely secondary weapons, these low powered weapons are equipped with the main purpose of diversion. While the GN Sword's Rifle Mode has high power, it requires a transformation action and can't respond instantly, thus the GN Vulcans were installed to counter this weakness. Though the power of their beams is weak, their high firing rate means that they can be a threat to conventional weapons that lack E-Carbon armor. This is also very useful when engaging small, maneuverable targets such as GN Fangs and missiles.
Special Equipment & Features
- Burst Mode
- Avalanche Exia' also possesses its own Burst Mode, a form that increases Exia's mobility at short distances. By dispersing highly concentrated GN Particles around the battlefield, Avalanche Exia' is able to achieve favorable battle conditions for itself. The data obtained from this mode would later be used for battles tactics with the Trans Am System. Also, if the Avalanche Exia' were to ever use Trans Am, it would be using it in this form.
Gundam 00V: Battlefield Record Chapter 8
This chapter takes place during the same event as chapter 2 - The Evening of the Falling Star, large number of asteroids are on a course towards Earth. Setsuna piloting Gundam Avalanche Exia' goes out destroying one asteroid after another.
Gunpla & Action Figure
Notes & Trivia
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 High Grade 1/144 GN-001/hs-A01D Gundam Avalanche Exia' manual