Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Phoenix Zero greatly resembles that of Phoenix Gundam but it has a blue paint scheme instead of the normal red, lacking the V-fin antenna, and has a visor covering it's eyes (similar to a GM). Not only is the Phoenix Zero much weaker than the GGF-001 Phoenix Gundam, it also lacks many of it's key features such as the transformation mechanism, Burning Fire Attack, Feather Funnels, and the regenerative nano-skin.
It was later revealed that the Phoenix Zero is in fact a prototype for the GGF-001 Phoenix Gundam. However, alone it was not enough due to series of issues that plagued the design of the Phoenix Zero. Efforts spent improving on this yielded the GGF-000 Master Phoenix which was far more successful as a viable prototype and this allowed development of the GGF-001 Phoenix Gundam to continue. Thus the design of the Phoenix Zero and the data obtained from the Master Phoenix would result in the successor unit GGF-001 Phoenix Gundam.
- Beam Saber
- The Phoenix Zero is equipped with two beam sabers for close combat, one stored in the side of each lower leg.
- Mega Beam Cannon
- The unit is armed with 4 beam cannons on its wing binders with a high power output.
- Vulcan Gun
- Uniquely, the Phoenix Zero as a pair of Vulcan Guns that can shoot down missiles or enemy aircraft.
- Beam Rifle
- Phoenix Zero has two Beam Rifles equipped with a variable output. They can also combine together to become a powerful beam launcher.
- Missile Launcher
- These Missile Launcher are stored in the wing binders of the Phoenix Zero.
The Phoenix Zero is supposed to be a prototype of the GGF-001 Phoenix Gundam, but it became a failed replica built with inferior technology. Because of the flaws, the developers pushed the development further and used the frame of the Phoenix Zero to create the GGF-000 Master Phoenix.