Technology & Combat Characteristics
The design of the Phoenix Zero was based on the GGF-001 Phoenix Gundam. However, since the Black Box within the Phoenix Gundam could not be fully decrypted, it lacked many of the original's features, such as Nanoskin Armor and Feather Funnel. Despite being less powerful than the original, the Phoenix Zero still possesses great space and atmospheric flight capabilities and powerful beam weapons, making it an excellent mass production unit.
- Beam Saber
- The Phoenix Zero is equipped with two beam sabers for close combat, stored in the side of the lower legs when not in use.
- Mega Beam Cannon
- The unit is armed with 4 beam cannons on its wing binders with high power output.
- Vulcan Gun
- Unique among Phoenix Gundam variants, the Phoenix Zero has a pair of head-mounted vulcan guns.
- Beam Rifle
- Phoenix Zero has two Beam Rifles equipped with a variable output. They can also combine together to become a powerful beam launcher.
- Missile Launcher
- These Missile Launchers are stored in the wing binders of the Phoenix Zero.
The Phoenix Zero was designed to be a mass production version of the Phoenix Gundam. Even though it was not a complete reproduction, it was still used by many units due to its high specs, typically by the unit commander.
- GGS-001 Phoenix Zero One - A commander variant of Phoenix Zero, first appeared in G Generation Genesis.