The GF13-050NSWII Super Nobel Gundam (or Nobel Gundam High Mobility Type (高機動ノーベルガンダム?)) is a Mobile Fighter for the nation of Neo Sweden. It is the successor unit to the GF13-050NSW Nobel Gundam featured in the manga adaptation of Mobile Fighter G Gundam. It is piloted by Allenby Beardsley.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Built during the end of the 13th Gundam Fight, the Super Nobel Gundam is the successor unit to the Nobel Gundam. With the unit being redesigned and overhauled greatly, it possessed powerful specs and and power compared to its predecessor unit. The overall mobility and speed is greatly increased as well thanks to the added thrusters all over its body. Like its sister unit, it is equipped with the same weaponry such as Vulcan Guns and and Beam Ribbon, however it lacked the predecessor's Berserker System, which was proven to be too dangerous to the pilot.
- Vulcan Gun
- A pair of head-mounted shell firing weapons with a have high rate of fire. Used mainly for hindering opponents.
- Beam Ribbon
- Beam armament for short and medium range combat. In addition to changing the shape of the beam like a whip, it can also be used as a beam saber by adjusting the output.
- Crescent Hoop Shot
- Thruster Unit
- Although the Super Nobel Gundam lacked the Berserker System, it makes up for it with excellent mobility and speed. In achieving this, the Super Nobel Gundam is equipped with 10 vernier thrusters (6 in shoulders, 2 in the back and 2 in the back ribbon tail binders). These thrusters allows the unit to exhibit impressive speed and mobility, giving it superior battle capabilities in space.
In the events of the manga, following the destruction of the Walter Gundam at the end of the 13th Gundam Fight, Allenby recovers from her DG cell infection and later fought using the Super Nobel Gundam with the World Gundam Federation in the final battle against the Devil Gundam.
Notes & Trivia
- The Super Nobel Gundam is named after Swedish scientist Alfred Nobel, the man who invented dynamite and the namesake of the Nobel Prize.
- While the Nobel Gundam resembles Sailor V, the Super Nobel Gundam resembles Sailor Moon's upgrade from Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon Super S, which was known as Super Sailor Moon.