Technology & Combat Characteristics
A security Gunpla deployed by the GBN administration, it is a version of the GBN-Guard Frame equipped with Gundam-type armor. This additional armor uses a newly developed armor system known as "Gain Armor", which has special units built into it that can change the qualities of the Gunpla or boost its capabilities. The characteristics of the GBN-Base Gundam have been boosted to match the capabilities of the RX-78-2 Gundam, dramatically improving its performance.
The GBN-Base Gundam is mainly used by Game Master-class members and other similar high-class GBN administration members to directly intervene in GBN, and is capable of superhuman feats and strengths as displayed by Amuro Ray in the Mobile Suit Gundam anime, impressing and exciting all Divers. Beside this RX-78 type, there exist other Gain Armors compatible with the GBN-Guard Frame that are based on various Gundam-types and rival Mobile suits from different series.
- Head Vulcan Gun
- A pair of built-in firearms, and although they have small calibers, Divers who have seen how they were used in the Mobile Suit Gundam anime understand how they can become a threat.
- Beam Saber
- Two melee weapons stored on the backpack. Their energy convergence rates have been raised compared to normal ones, and there are only a few Gunplas in GBN which can cross swords with this armament.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard beam firing armament, the GBN-Base Gundam's beam rifle is upgraded to be as powerful as the main cannons of battleships in GBN.
- A standard defense armament, but the one used by the GBN-Base Gundam is also considered as Gain Armor. It has a special function wherein it can switch to the best coating effect against enemy's attacks.
Notes & Trivia
- The HGBD GBN-Base Gundam model kit includes the GBN-Guard Frame's beam rifles, but they are not listed when the kit's manual talks about the armaments.