Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Build Strike Gundam is a Gunpla built by Sei Iori with his own personal modifications. It is based upon the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam that appears in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. Sei's modifications mainly revolve around improving the suit's mobility and an example of this is the inclusion of thruster units within the new shoulder armor, which resulted in enhanced side to side movement capabilities and allows the suit to better evade enemy's attacks. Thus, Build Strike has superior mobility and excels at rapid attacks. Compared to the Strike Gundam, the Build Strike's close combat abilities are improved with four vulcan guns and two beam sabers. While it is assembled with high technique, its weapons are still incomplete, leaving room for further development. It is later combined with the Build Booster support craft and given addition weapons to form the Build Strike Gundam Full Package.
- Vulcan Gun
- The Build Strike Gundam possesses four head-mounted vulcan guns, which are mainly used to intercept incoming missiles and enemy units at close range.
- Beam Saber
- The Build Strike Gundam possesses two beam sabers as its primary close combat weapon. Its beam sabers are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with either a single swing or stab. When not in use, the beam sabers are stored on the side skirts.
Notes & Trivia
- Although the opening of the anime features the Build Strike with the Beam Rifle and the Chobham Shield, these weapons are only used by the Gunpla after Sei completed the Full Package, and as such should be considered to be a part of the latter.
- In Gundam Breaker Mobile, the Kira Yamato AI serves as the Gunpla's pilot.
- ↑ Master Grade Build Strike Gundam Full Package Instruction Manual
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Real Grade Build Strike Gundam Full Package Instruction Manual