GAT-X105+P204QX Lightning Strike Gundam is one of six variants of the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam developed by the Morgenroete, Inc at Heliopolis. It is featured in the original design series SEED-MSV and is piloted by Mu La Flaga.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Lightning Strike Gundam features all of the base equipment of the Strike Gundam including phase shift armor, and this makes it invulnerable to projectile weaponry. The P204QX Lightning Striker is developed by Orb's Morgenroete to extend Strike's operational time by 150%. This is achieved through the mounting of two battery packs on the Strike's rear armor. The Lightning Strike also has extra cooling systems and the ability to transfer some of its power to allied machines, helping to recharge their battery. Its primary weapon is the Type 70-31 Electromagnetic cannon, a long-range weapon that can be separated into two halves and stored on the forearms.
- "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS
- Mounted in the Strike's head are two 75mm multi-barrel CIWS. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knife
- Stored in the Strike's side skirt armor is a pair of folding combat knives. These knives do not need power from the suit, can be thrown, and their blades vibrate at high speed allowing them to pierce through most armor except PS armor.
- Type 70-31 Electromagnetic Cannon
- A powerful handheld rail cannon that separates into two halves and stored on the suit's arms when not in use, it has great firepower and can be used for sniping.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- The key feature of the Strike is its ability to equip additional equipment in the form of striker packs. Each striker pack is designed to outfit the Strike with the equipment needed to fulfill specific combat roles with maximum efficiency.
- As with all of the G Project mobile suits, the GAT-X105 Strike is equipped with phase shift armor. When activated the Strike's color is changed from a light grey to a white scheme with a bit of blue and red mixed in. Phase Shift armor, when activated, renders the Strike immune to physical attacks such as bullets, the GINN sword, or against missiles. However Phase Shift armor continually drains the battery of energy, shortening the mobile suit's combat endurance, and uses up additional energy when it is hit.
Although the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam is initially designed to use three Striker packs, several more are designed later on. One of these is the GAT-X105+P204QX Lightning Strike Gundam. The OMNI Enforcer contracted IDEX Corporation to increase the Strike's operating time by 150% through the use of a new Striker pack, but the first design proves to be a failure. Later on, Orb's defense contractor, Morgenroete, steps in and designs the P204QX Lightning Striker. The Lightning Striker pack is assembled in late C.E. 71 on the Kusanagi after the fall of Orb. The Lightning Striker pack is then damaged in combat during a test flight. It is later repaired and in C.E. 73, it is equipped onto Gard Dell Hokuha's GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger for an attack on the Martian visitors on earth.
- The Lightning Striker Pack is unlockable in Super Robot Wars W based on Mu La Flaga's performance in the game's first half. It is equipped by default on the Strike Gundam but it can also be used by the Strike Rouge.