The GAT-X105+AQM/E-YM1 Perfect Strike Gundam is a mobile suit first featured in the eyecatches of the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED HD Remaster, and later made its debut in episode 36 of the HD Remaster. It is the heavy armed variant of the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam and is piloted by Mu La Flaga.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Perfect Strike Gundam is a configuration of the Strike Gundam equipped with the "AQM/E-YM1 Multiple Assault Striker", which integrates the characteristics of the Aile, Sword and Launcher Striker Packs. A modified Aile Striker Pack served as the central unit of the Multiple Assault Striker, its main wings are moved back slightly for mounting the "Schwert Gewehr" Anti-Ship Sword and "Agni" Hyper Impulse Cannon, and four battery packs are attached to the back to deal with the increased energy consumption.
Although the Multiple Assault Striker enabled the Perfect Strike to fight in all ranges with powerful weapons, it has two major problems. Firstly, the added weight of the Multiple Assault Striker lead to a decrease in mobility, and secondly, the large variety of weapons make it difficult to operate them efficiently. Due to these issues, the Perfect Strike was only deployed in combat once, but it was able to exhibit high operability due to the skills of its pilot, Mu La Flaga.
- "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel Anti-Air CIWS
- Mounted in the Perfect Strike's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are mainly used for warning shots, intercepting missiles and to destroy lightly armored targets.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knife
- Stored in the Perfect Strike's side skirt armor are a pair of folding "Armor Schneider" combat knives. These knives do not need power from the suit, can be thrown, and their blades vibrate at high frequencies to pierce through most armor except PS armor.
- Beam Saber
- Stored in the modified Aile Striker is a pair of beam sabers. These are close range combat weapons that can slice through any armor that does not have an anti-beam coating.
- "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m Anti-Ship Sword
- The "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m anti-ship sword is the Perfect Strike's largest and primary close combat weapon. It is a physical sword that has a laser blade along the cutting edge. The large blade is designed to easily slice mobile suits in half or to cut off sections of a ship such as the guns. Although "Schwert Gewehr" was designed to have a laser gun at the bottom end, the Perfect Strike only uses the prototype model which lacks this feature and has it replaced by a short beam blade emitter. It is stored on the right side of the modified Aile Striker when not in use.
- "Panzer Eisen" Rocket Anchor
- Mounted on the left forearm, the front portion is a rocket-propelled anchor that is shot out on a reinforced polymer cable. The anchor's claw can open and close to capture or destroy the target. The cable's reel case is installed behind the front portion, and the entire weapon can function as a shield with anti-beam coating.
- "Midas Messer" Beam Boomerang
- A throwing weapon that emits a short beam blade on one end, and can return to the owner after throwing, often catching enemy units by surprise. It is equipped with a system similar to the beam saber, and the generated beam blade does not dissipate when it leaves the Gundams' hand due to the in-built large-capacity power condenser. It is stored on the added left shoulder armor when not in use.
- "Agni" 320mm Hyper Impulse Cannon
- A large beam cannon with a total length of about 20m. It generates and fires critical plasma energy in a highly compressed state as a burst impulse in the order of microseconds, easily destroying a mobile suit in one shot and blasting a hole through a space colony's wall. Although its energy consumption is high, repeated firing for an extended period of time is possible by connecting to an external power supply. It is mounted on the left side of the modified Aile Striker via an arm unit, and held under the left shoulder when in use.
- Combo Weapons Pod
- A close range, defensive, composite armament unit consisting of a 120mm anti-ship vulcan gun and two 350mm gun launchers, it is mounted on the right shoulder and can lock onto multiple targets simultaneously. The 120mm anti-ship vulcan gun is effective in intercepting MS at close-mid range and can also be used for anti-ship combat. As for the 350mm gun launchers, they are missile launchers, but can also fire a variety of projectiles including grenades.
Special Equipment & Features
- Battery Pack
- As the Multiple Assault Striker integrates the primary functions of the Aile, Sword and Launcher Striker Pack, it ended up with high energy consumption. To compensate for this, four additional battery packs are attached to its back. Each battery can be jettisoned after its energy is used up to avoid being dead weight.
- As with all of the G Project mobile suits, the GAT-X105 Strike is equipped with phase shift armor. When activated the Strike's color is changed from a light grey to a white scheme with a bit of blue and red mixed in. Phase Shift armor, when activated, renders the Strike immune to physical attacks such as bullets, the GINN sword, or against missiles. However Phase Shift armor continually drains the battery of energy, shortening the mobile suit's combat endurance, and uses up additional energy when it is hit.
- Operating System
- The Strike uses the General Unilateral Neuro-Link Dispersive Autonomic Maneuver Synthesis System.
The Perfect Strike Gundam was piloted by Mu La Flaga while defending Orb Union from the invading Earth Alliance forces. Using its multitude of weapons, Mu was able to destroy many of the Alliance's GAT-01 Strike Daggers and also fought against the GAT-X131 Calamity Gundam. The Perfect Striker did not see use after this battle.
Illustrations & Artwork
Notes & Trivia
- In 2004, an SD model kit named "Strike Gundam Striker Weapon System" was released. This was the first official model that featured the Strike Gundam equipped with all three Striker Packs, and the form was named as Super Strike Gundam in the instruction manual. It is also possible to equip all of the Striker Packs onto the FX-550 Skygrasper included in the kit.
- This design bears resemblance to a later ZAFT mobile suit, the ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam, such as similar armaments in the same colour at similar locations.
- An error was made in the Remastered version of Episode 37. In Episode 37, and the previous episode, Mu can be seen ejecting two of the Multiple Assault Striker's batteries, however, in a later scene with the Buster, the Perfect Strike is shown to still have all four batteries on the striker pack.
- In the third opening of the HD Remaster, Mu fought Rau Le Creuset's ZGMF-515 CGUE in the Perfect Strike. However, this never happen in the series.
- The Multiple Assault Striker's model number, AQM/E-YM1, is nearly identical to the model number Actaeon Industries assign to their version of the IWSP Striker (AQM/E-M1), which is designed based on a similar concept.
- In the manga Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Re:, Kira Yamato used the Perfect Strike during its battle against several TMF/A-802 BuCUEs.
- The MG 1/100 Aile Strike Gundam (Ver. RM) scale model kit can be converted into the MG 1/100 Perfect Strike Gundam with the battery pack add on, but it requires the MG 1/100 Sword and Launcher Strike Gundam scale model kit or P-Online MG 1/100 (Ver. RM) Sword and Launcher Striker Pack that's sold separately.
- The Perfect Strike Gundam appears in the game Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny as a playable unit, unlockable after clearing all route-based Seed and Seed Destiny story missions regardless of faction chosen. It's special is a multi-stage attack consisting of a tackle, three sword swings and a sustained Agni blast.
- The Perfect Strike is a playable unit in the Extreme Vs. series with a cost of 2500. While the unit retains the same attacks used in the anime, Mu can also fire a barrage of attacks from the unit's combo weapons pod, and can pull opponents in with the rocket anchor. In X Boost, Mu also gained the ability to summon Dearka Elsman's GAT-X103 Buster Gundam for support.