Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Perfect Strike Gundam is a configuration of the Strike Gundam whereby it is equipped with the "AQM/E-YM1 Multiple Assault Striker" - a striker pack that is a combination of the three original striker packs. This allows the Strike to have the high thrust of the Aile Strike Gundam, the heavy firepower of the Launcher Strike Gundam and the close range power of the Sword Strike Gundam, all at once. There are a few visible changes to the Aile Stiker Pack - firstly, its main wings been moved back slightly to make room for the connection points for the "Schwert Gewehr" Anti-Ship Sword and "Agni" Hyper Impulse Beam Cannon, and secondly, four extended batteries are added onto the Aile Striker Pack's back to provide the suit with sufficient energy. Despite its power, the Perfect Strike Gundam has two major problems: its large variety of weapons make it difficult to use them efficiently and the increased weight reduces its mobility. Due to these issues, this configuration was only used once and never again.
- "Igelstellung" 75mm Multi-Barrel Anti-Air CIWS
- Mounted in the Perfect Strike's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles, although it is classified as anti air.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knife
- Stored in the Perfect Strike's side skirt armor are a pair of folding "Armor Schneider" combat knives. These knives do not need power from the suit, can be thrown, and their blades vibrate at high speed allowing them to pierce through most armor except PS armor.
- Beam Saber
- Stored in the modified Aile Striker is a pair of beam sabers. These are close range combat weapons that can slice through any armor that does not have an anti-beam coating.
- "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m Anti-Ship Sword
- The "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m anti-ship sword is the Perfect Strike's largest and primary close combat weapon. It is a large physical sword that has a laser blade along the cutting edge. The large blade is designed to easily slice mobile suits in half or to cut off sections of a ship such as the guns. Although "Schwert Gewehr" was designed to have a laser gun at the bottom end, the Perfect Strike only uses the prototype model which lacks this feature and has it replaced by a short beam blade emitter. It is stored on the right side of the modified Aile Striker when not in use.
- "Panzer Eisen" Rocket Anchor
- Mounted on the Perfect Strike's left forearm, the front portion is a rocket-propelled grappling claw that is shot out on a line to hit or grab an enemy unit. The whole weapon itself can function as a shield and has anti-beam coating to defend against beam weapon.
- "Midas Messer" Beam Boomerang
- The "Midas Messer" beam boomerang is a throwing weapon that emits a short beam blade on one end, and can return to the owner after throwing, often catching enemy units by surprise. It is stored on the Perfect Strike's left shoulder armor when not in use.
- "Agni" 320mm Hyper Impulse Beam Cannon
- The primary ranged weapon of the Perfect Strike is the powerful "Agni" 320mm hyper impulse beam cannon, which is capable of blasting a hole through a colony wall. It is mounted on the left side of the modified Aile Striker via an arm unit, and held under the left shoulder when in use.
- Combo Weapons pod
- Mounted on the Perfect Strike's right shoulder armor, it contains a multi-barreled 120mm anti-ship Vulcan gun and a pair of 350mm gun launchers, and they are mainly used to defend against missiles and enemy mobile suits.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- Extended Battery Pack
- Since the energy usage became a serious problem when the Aile Striker, the Sword Striker and the Launcher Striker are used at the same time, 4 extended battery packs are mounted onto the modified Aile Striker. Each battery can be jettisoned after its energy is used up in order to avoid being dead-weight.
- As with all of the G Project mobile suits, the GAT-X105 Strike is equipped with phase shift armor. When activated the Strike's color is changed from a light grey to a white scheme with a bit of blue and red mixed in. Phase Shift armor, when activated, renders the Strike immune to physical attacks such as bullets, the GINN sword, or against missiles. However Phase Shift armor continually drains the battery of energy, shortening the mobile suit's combat endurance, and uses up additional energy when it is hit.
For the Perfect Strike Gundam's history, please go to Mu La Flaga's page.
Notes & Trivia
- In 2004, an SD model kit named "Strike Gundam Striker Weapon System" was released. This was the first official model that featured the Strike Gundam equipped with all three Striker Packs, and the form was named as Super Strike Gundam in the instruction manual. It is also possible to equip all of the Striker Packs onto the Skygrasper included in the kit.
- This design bears resemblance in design to a later ZAFT-developed Mobile Suit, ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam which has similar armaments in the same colour at exactly where the Striker Packs for Strike Gundam.
- The Perfect Strike Gundam appears in the game Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny as a playable unit, unlockable after clearing all route-based Seed and Seed Destiny story missions regardless of faction chosen. It's special is a multi-stage attack consisting of a tackle, three sword swings and a sustained Agni blast.
- An error was made in the Remastered version of Episode 37. In Episode 37, and the previous episode, Mu can be seen ejecting two of the Multiple Assault Striker's batteries, however, in a later scene with the Buster, the Perfect Strike is shown to still have all four batteries on the striker pack.
- The Multiple Assault Striker's model number, AQM/E-YM1, is nearly identical to the model number Actaeon Industries assign to their version of the IWSP Striker (AQM/E-M1), which is designed based on a similar concept.
- In the Manga Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Re:, Kira Yamato used the Perfect Strike during its battle against several TMF/A-802 BuCUE units.
- The MG 1/100 Aile Strike Gundam (Ver. RM) scale model kit can be converted into the MG 1/100 Perfect Strike Gundam with the battery pack add on, but it requires the MG 1/100 Sword and Launcher Strike Gundam scale model kit or P-Online MG 1/100 (Ver. RM) Sword and Launcher Striker Pack that's sold separately.
- In the third opening of the HD Remaster, Mu is shown fighting Rau Le Creuset's CGUE in the Perfect Strike. However, this never actually happens in the series.