Technology & Combat Characteristics
The FA-78-3 Full Armor 7th Gundam is the armor-equipped version of the RX-78-7 7th Gundam. Unlike the previous FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam, the Full Armor 7th Gundam is able to fight without any drop in performance. This is accomplished with the addition of sub generators and propellant tanks in the Full Armor components. The emphasis of the Full Armor components is offensive power rather than defensive power.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have high rate of fire but little power and can't damage the armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It can cut through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The FA-78-3 has two beam saber stored in the backpack. One can be used as a reserve weapon, or both can be used simultaneously in a twin sword fashion.
- Hand Beam Spray Gun
- Long Range Beam Cannon
- A back-mounted beam cannon which incorporates an E-Cap subsystem and a newly developed accelerator. It has twice the range of beam rifles at the time.
- 4-tube Missile Pod
- 3-tube Missile Pod
- Beam Rifle
- A custom-made weapon for RX-78-7, it has a longer range and a higher rate of fire compared to beam rifles from the One Year War era. It also incorporates a control device for the long range beam cannon.
- Hyper Bazooka
- Technically a large rocket launcher, it fires rockets to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor can stop this weapon, but it has a slow rate of fire and fairly little of ammunition.
- The shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. It is also treated with anti-beam coating to to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off.
- Beam Spray Gun
- Grenade Launcher
- A pair of grenade launchers could optionally be equipped onto the mobile suit's forearms.
Notes and Trivia