Technology & Combat Characteristics
The FA-78-3 Full Armor 7th Gundam is the additional armor-equipped version of the RX-78-7 7th Gundam. Unlike the previous FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam, the Full Armor 7th Gundam is able to fight without any drop in performance. This is accomplished with the addition of built-in sub-generators and propellant tanks in the Full Armor components. The emphasis of the Full Armor components is offensive power rather than defensive power. In addition, the tail stabilizer on the rear waist, which is the mass center of the MS, act as an AMBAC device and dramatically improved the unit's acceleration capability.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have high rate of fire but little power and can't damage the armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It can cut through most armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The FA-78-3 has two beam saber stored in the backpack. One can be used as a reserve weapon, or both can be used simultaneously in a twin sword fashion.
- Long Range Beam Cannon
- A back-mounted beam cannon which incorporates an E-Cap sub-system and a newly developed accelerator. It has twice the range of beam rifles of the time.
- 4-tube Missile Pod
- A quadruple missile pod is mounted on each side of the upper chest, with an upward firing angle.
- 3-tube Missile Pod
- A triple missile pod is mounted on the side of each shin.
- Four micro missiles are mounted on the mobile suit's back.
- XBR-H80-L1 Beam Rifle
- A custom-made weapon for RX-78-7, it has a longer range and a higher rate of fire compared to beam rifles from the One Year War era. Shares some parts with long range beam cannon.
- The shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. It is also treated with anti-beam coating to to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. The shield also has spikes on the lower edge, which can be used in close combat.
- Hyper Bazooka
- A general purpose fire support rocket launcher platform for Mobile Suits. With considerable destructive power owing to the explosive yield in each warhead, the weapon was primarily used to destroy less-maneuverable battlefield targets such as warships, satellites, land battleships, bunkers, and buildings.
- Twin Beam Spray Gun
- Optional armaments that can be mounted on both forearms depending on mission requirements. Can be replaced by the twin grenade launchers.
- Twin Grenade Launcher
- Optional armaments that can be mounted on both forearms depending on mission requirements. Can be replaced by the twin beam spray guns.
- FA-78-13 Full Armor 7th Gundam B●●st
Notes and Trivia