Technology & Combat Characteristics
Developed as part of a request for a specialized ground combat MS to be deployed against the Zeon Earth Attack Force, it used an add-on weapon system similar to the FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam. The RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam serves as the base, and thorough weight reduction of the add-on parts is considered with an emphasis on mobility. Although it had less weapons than the Full Armor Gundam due to operating under Earth's gravity, it still possessed high firepower for the time.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing armament built into the head. Though not powerful, its high rate of fire meant it was employed to intercept incoming missiles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- A melee combat weapon that emits a beam blade, two are stored on the left forearm.
- Twin Beam Rifle
- Equipped on the right forearm.
- 360mm Rocket Cannon
- A large rocket-firing cannon that is mounted on the right side of the backpack, and on the left is a control aiming device.
- Missile Launcher
- Equipped on the left side of the backpack.
Special Equipment & Features
- Core Block System
Development of the Full Armor Gundam Ground Type was halted during the simulation stage and the machine was not manufactured.