The F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type is a mobile suit from the series of Mobile Suit Gundam F90 (1990) model kits and original design series. It also appeared in the videogames Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Formula Report 0122 and Mobile Suit Gundam Climax U.C..
Technology & Combat characteristics
The F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type is one of the many mission packs developed for the F90 Gundam F90 by the Strategic Naval Research Institute. The VSBR Type is designed to improve the Gundam F90's overall combat ability with the addition of two variable speed beam rifles, a mega Gatling gun, a beam shield, additional rocket thrusters and verniers, and a more powerful ultracompact Minovsky type fusion reactor. The additional equipment increases the Gundam F90's offensive abilities, defensive abilities, and its speed and mobility. The backpack features a built-in sub-generator that allows simultaneous use of the beam shield and VSBR weapons, both of which require large amounts of energy to function. However, the beam shield may suffer from stability problems depending on the state of the mobile suit. These technical issues would pose a challenge for future development of the VSBR. Technologically, the F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type is the prototype of the F91 Gundam F91.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- The F90V VSBR Type is equipped with a pair of head mounted Vulcan guns to serve as a mid-close range defensive weapon. While they do little damage against the armor of a mobile suit, they are useful for shoot down incoming missiles, small attack vehicles, or to deter closing in enemy machines.
- VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle)
- A pair of high-output large beam rifles mounted on the suit’s backpack, and powered directly by its reactor. These experimental weapons can fire either low-speed beams with high destructive power, or high-speed beams with high penetrating power, sufficient to destroy two MS with one shot or pierce a beam shield. The two VSBRs typically slide under the shoulder when deployed. Later, this weapon is also used by its successors, the F91 Gundam F91 and the RXF-91 Silhouette Gundam.
- Mega Gatling Gun
- A gatling gun is mounted on the right forearm. This weapon able to take down a thinly armored enemy mobile suit.
- Beam Shield
- The F90 VSBR Type is equipped with a pair of beam shield generators. The first beam shield generator is mounted on the left arm. The second is a spare stored in the right hip armor. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is the standard close-combat weapon of many mobile suits, it emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-field that can cut through any physical armor that have not been treated to resist it. The beam saber is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor, and the F90V VSBR Type has two beam sabers stored in the left hip armor.
Special Equipment & Features
- Heat Radiation Fin Packs
An F90V was assigned to the Anti-EF Organization Extermination Force. It was piloted by Bergh Scred.
Notes and Trivia
- The Gundam F90 VSBR Type appears as a playable unit in Super Robot Wars Alpha 1. In Dreamcast version it has a combination attack with F91 Gundam F91, where both fire their VBSRs. The Double VSBR attack is exclusive to Cecily Fairchild.
|Mobile Suit Gundam F90 Mechanics|
AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | F70 Cannon Gundam | F90 Gundam F90 | F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type | F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type | F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type | F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type | F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type | F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type | F90S Gundam F90 Support Type | F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type | F90II Gundam F90II | F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type | F90II-L Gundam F90II Long Range Type | RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type | RGM-89ST-2 ST-Gun
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Irish-class | Ra Cailum-class
OMS-06RF RF Zaku | OMS-07RF RF Gouf | OMS-09DRF RF Desert Dom | OMS-09RF RF Dom | OMS-14RF RF Gelgoog | OMS-14SRF RF Gelgoog Charles Rochester Type | OMS-15RF RF Gyan | OMS-90R Gundam F90 | OMSM-07RF RF Z'Gok
OMAX-01 Grand Zam | OMAX-03RF RF Adzam
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|F90 A to Z PROJECT Mechanics|
F90 Gundam F90 | F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type | F90B Gundam F90 Bombard Type | F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type | F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type | F90F Gundam F90 Fight Type | F90G Gundam F90 Guard Type | F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type | F90I-I Gundam F90 Intercept Type Jupiter Battle Specification | F90K Gundam F90 Keep Type | F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type | F90O Gundam F90 Officer Type | F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type | F90R Gundam F90 Reconnaissance Type | F90S Gundam F90 Support Type | F90U Gundam F90 Up-Lift Type | F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type | F90II Gundam F90II | F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type