Technology & Combat Characteristics
The F90S Gundam F90 Support Type is one of the many mission packs developed for the F90 Gundam F90 by the Strategic Naval Research Institute. The Gundam F90 Support Type (or "S-Type" for short) is designed to act as a long-range, fire support unit. It is armed with long-range weaponry such as beam cannons and missiles, and has additional long-range composite targeting sensors. During attacks, both of the shoulders are fixed in place and the telescopic support jacks attached to rear waist are deployed to absorb recoil and ensure precise aiming. Data collected from the S-Type is later used to develop the F70 Cannon Gundam.
- Vulcan Gun
- The F90 S-Type is equipped with a pair of head-mounted Vulcan guns to serve as a mid-close range defensive weapon. While they do little damage against the armor of a mobile suit, they are useful for shoot down incoming missiles, small attack vehicles, or to deter closing in enemy.
- Mega Beam Cannon
- A pair of movable mega beam cannons are attached to the backpack for long-range fire support. The mega beam cannons have a caliber of over 200mm.
- 4-barrel Beam Cannon
- The forearms of the F90 S-Type are covered by a pair of 4-barrel beam cannons. Also known as 'hand cannons', they are powered by cables attached to the generator units mounted on the side skirt armor.
- 2-tube Missile Pod
- Each of the 4-barrel beam cannon has a 2-tube missile pod located on the side.
- Cruise Missile
- A pair of cruise missiles, also known as 'cruising missiles', are attached to rotatable mounts on the legs. These versatile missiles are capable of recognizing their targets and have self-guidance capabilities.
The Gundam F90S Support Type underwent field testing in U.C 120 and was stationed on Ra Cailum-class Admiral Tianem as part of the 13th Experimental Battle Group. Its pilot was Def Stallion, an employer of the Strategic Naval Research Institute. The Admiral Tianem came into conflict with the Mars Zeon during a test flight near Side 4 on October 28. Although the E.F.F emerged victorious in this brief conflict, it costed them both of the F90 Gundam F90 units.
Notes and Trivia
- The profiles of the F90S Gundam F90 Support Type published in various source books and in the model kit manual of the 1/100 Original F90 Gundam F90 A/D/S-Type noted that the mobile suit has rail cannons, but this weapon is often omitted in the accompanying armament list.
|Mobile Suit Gundam F90 Mechanics|
AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | F70 Cannon Gundam | F90 Gundam F90 | F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type | F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type | F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type | F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type | F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type | F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type | F90S Gundam F90 Support Type | F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type | F90II Gundam F90II | F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type | F90II-L Gundam F90II Long Range Type | RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type | RGM-89ST-2 ST-Gun
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Irish-class | Ra Cailum-class
OMS-06RF RF Zaku | OMS-07RF RF Gouf | OMS-09DRF RF Desert Dom | OMS-09RF RF Dom | OMS-14RF RF Gelgoog | OMS-14SRF RF Gelgoog Charles Rochester Type | OMS-15RF RF Gyan | OMS-90R Gundam F90 | OMSM-07RF RF Z'Gok
OMAX-01 Grand Zam | OMAX-03RF RF Adzam
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|F90 A to Z PROJECT Mechanics|
F90 Gundam F90 | F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type | F90B Gundam F90 Bombard Type | F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type | F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type | F90F Gundam F90 Fight Type | F90G Gundam F90 Guard Type | F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type | F90I-I Gundam F90 Intercept Type Jupiter Battle Specification | F90K Gundam F90 Keep Type | F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type | F90O Gundam F90 Officer Type | F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type | F90R Gundam F90 Reconnaissance Type | F90S Gundam F90 Support Type | F90U Gundam F90 Up-Lift Type | F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type | F90II Gundam F90II | F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type