Technology & Combat Characteristics
The F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type is one of the many mission packs developed for the F90 Gundam F90 by the Strategic Naval Research Institute. The Gundam F90 Marine Type (or "M-Type" for short) is designed for underwater combat. The M-Type's backpack is equipped with thermonuclear hydrojets for underwater mobility. Due to improvements in armor material and reactor output compared to previous generation mobile suits, it is able to reach a maximum depth of 400 m (1.6 times more than the MSM-03 Gogg) and has a maximum diving speed of 90 knots (1.2 times more than the Gogg). It is armed with several topedoes, an arrow shooter, and a heat combat knife for close combat. It also has the Freezy Yard gel, first used by the Gogg, to defend against naval mines, as well as a searchlight on the right shoulder and a snorkel camera on the left.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- The F90 M-Type is equipped with a pair of head-mounted Vulcan Guns to serve as a mid-close range defensive weapon. While they do little damage against the armor of a mobile suit, they are useful for shoot down incoming missiles, small attack vehicles, or to deter closing in enemy machines.
- Homing Torpedo
- An underwater use, self-propelled weapon with an explosive warhead. The F90 M-Type has two torpedoes on each leg-mounted launcher for anti-ship purposes.
- 3-tube Marine Rocket Pack
- The F90 M-Type has two rocket launchers, containing three projectiles each, attached to the forearms. The rocket packs are for anti-MS purposes.
- Heat Combat Knife
- Instead of a beam saber (which work terribly underwater), the F90 M-Typeu uses a combat knife for melee combat and its blade can be heated. When not used, the knife is stored on left side armor hardpoint.
- 6-tube Arrow Shooter
- A hand-carried weapon, the arrow shooter shoots out short, spear-like projectiles at high speed to pierce the enemy's armor. It carries 6 projectiles, with a spare set of 6 stored on the right side armor hardpoint.
The F90 M-Type was completed along with the A, D, S, H type options in September, U.C. 0111. It was the first aquatic mobile suit design used by the Federation since the RAG-79 Aqua GM series decades ago.
Its performance during test runs were excellent, and it was considered particularly successful among F90's mission packs. However, since the Federation government did not anticipate any future battle taking place on Earth, it was never developed into a mass production version akin to the F71 G-Cannon.
|Mobile Suit Gundam F90 Mechanics|
AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | F70 Cannon Gundam | F90 Gundam F90 | F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type | F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type | F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type | F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type | F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type | F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type | F90S Gundam F90 Support Type | F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type | F90II Gundam F90II | F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type | F90II-L Gundam F90II Long Range Type | RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type | RGM-89ST-2 ST-Gun
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Irish-class | Ra Cailum-class
OMS-06RF RF Zaku | OMS-07RF RF Gouf | OMS-09DRF RF Desert Dom | OMS-09RF RF Dom | OMS-14RF RF Gelgoog | OMS-14SRF RF Gelgoog Charles Rochester Type | OMS-15RF RF Gyan | OMS-90R Gundam F90 | OMSM-07RF RF Z'Gok
OMAX-01 Grand Zam | OMAX-03RF RF Adzam
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|F90 A to Z PROJECT Mechanics|
F90 Gundam F90 | F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type | F90B Gundam F90 Bombard Type | F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type | F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type | F90F Gundam F90 Fight Type | F90G Gundam F90 Guard Type | F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type | F90I-I Gundam F90 Intercept Type Jupiter Battle Specification | F90K Gundam F90 Keep Type | F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type | F90O Gundam F90 Officer Type | F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type | F90R Gundam F90 Reconnaissance Type | F90S Gundam F90 Support Type | F90U Gundam F90 Up-Lift Type | F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type | F90II Gundam F90II | F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type