Technology & Combat Characteristics
A mission pack designed for long distance sniping. Not only does it perform long-range shooting, tests performed with this mission pack include the bending of beam trajectory. It is equipped with a long range rifle that can switch firing modes between beam and physical ammunition, and capable of firing at high angles while remaining hidden from sight. Because it is not a homing weapon, coordinates must be entered into the computer before shooting. Spare ammunition clips are attached to the waist hardpoints, while E-Caps are mounted on the left and right leg hardpoints. It was completed with the I-Type mission pack on October 28, U.C. 0121.
- 60mm Vulcan Guns
- Mounted on the F90II's head, the pair of shell-firing guns are mainly used to restrain the movements of enemy mobile suits and to intercept incoming missiles, etc. They can also be used to deal light damage to enemy mobile suits.
- Beam Saber
- The F90II has two beam sabers for close combat that are stored on its right shoulder.
- 2-tube Medium Range Missile Launcher
- Each forearm is equipped with a 2-tube Missile Launcher for defensive purposes and can also be used to restrain enemies.
- Long Rifle
- A unique weapon capable of firing either solid rounds or beams. When firing beams, it generate a guidance I-field within the barrel, which prevents the rifling from melting. Since the beam has an extremely low diffraction rate, its effective range can reach up to 100 km. The solid rounds it use are 120mm armor-piercing rounds equipped with "vernier pellets", which can be detonated after the round has been fired, allowing them to change direction mid-flight, though this has to be manually input into the round's memory chip beforehand. This is especially useful in areas where sniping with beams is impossible, such as colony wreckages and asteroid fields.
- Beam Rifle
- An option handheld firearm, it fires compressed mega particle beams to damage the target. The F90II-L's beam rifle is powered by a replaceable e-pac and can be stored on the waist weapons mount.
- A defensive armament capable of blocking both beam and physical weaponry. It can be used as a combo with the Long Rifle to simultaneously attack and defend. When not in use, it is stored on the back of the F90II.
Special Equipment & Features
- A new kind of man-machine interface, the Bio-Computer is a next generation device developed from the psycommu system, but places less strain on its human operator. It is originally intended to help the disabled, but its development is ultimately funded by the EFF for combat purpose. As its name implies, the Bio-Computer is similar in structure to a human brain, and its operating processes resemble human thoughts and feelings. Rather than merely displaying data collected by the MS’ sensors on a computer monitor, the Bio-Computer can relay it directly to the pilot in the form of sensory information, so what the machine "feels" can also be experienced by the human operator. Like the original psycommu system, the Bio-Computer also allows the pilot to control the MS using thoughts alone. However, the full latent potential of this system can only be tapped by a Newtype pilot.
- A thermoscope is mounted on the mission pack of the F90II-L which when brought forward from the right to the eyes, allows the mobile suit to detect enemies that are invisible. This makes it a deadly long range sniper on the battlefield, capable of shooting down any opponent before it.
- Precision Composite Sensor
- Mounted on the left shoulder of the F90II, it allows the suit to accurately pinpoint the exact coordinates of enemy mobile suits, giving the mobile suit a super range and unprecedented accuracy for its shots. This is usually used together with the Long Rifle and its shield, although it can be used in tandem with the missile launcher as well.
The Gundam F90II Long Range Type is piloted by Nana Tachibana who engaged in combat with Crossbone Vanguard forces in U.C. 0123. This mobile suit however, is only used for a short period of time before being out of commission.
Notes and Trivia
- 1/100 Gundam F90 II L-Type instruction manual
|Mobile Suit Gundam F90 Mechanics|
AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | F70 Cannon Gundam | F90 Gundam F90 | F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type | F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type | F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type | F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type | F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type | F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type | F90S Gundam F90 Support Type | F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type | F90II Gundam F90II | F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type | F90II-L Gundam F90II Long Range Type | RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type | RGM-89ST-2 ST-Gun
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Irish-class | Ra Cailum-class
OMS-06RF RF Zaku | OMS-07RF RF Gouf | OMS-09DRF RF Desert Dom | OMS-09RF RF Dom | OMS-14RF RF Gelgoog | OMS-14SRF RF Gelgoog Charles Rochester Type | OMS-15RF RF Gyan | OMS-90R Gundam F90 | OMSM-07RF RF Z'Gok
OMAX-01 Grand Zam | OMAX-03RF RF Adzam
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|