Technology & Combat Characteristics
A particular F90 Gundam F90 unit was chosen to mount a modified Intercept Pack originally designed for the F90II Gundam F90II. Because of the severity of the mission, the mobile suit replaced the beam lancer with a solid-state shot lancer capable of firing nuclear missiles.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- The F90II-I is equipped with a pair of head-mounted 60mm Vulcan guns, which serve as mid-close range defensive weapons. While they do little damage against the armor of a mobile suit, they are useful for shoot down incoming missiles, small attack vehicles, or to deter closing in enemy machines.
- Shot Lancer
- Instead of the Gundam F90II's beam lancer, the mobile suit carried a shot lancer more commonly found on Crossbone Vanguard's models. It is designed for combat in and around space colonies, and uses electromagnetic acceleration to drive its tip through the enemy's armor, and the spearhead itself can also be launched like a missile.
- Beam Rifle
- A beam rifle is built into the shot lancer, which fires a compressed mega particle beam which can penetrate any physical armor. However, the beams can be blocked by an I-field or a beam shield.
- Nuclear Missiles
- The most powerful weapons in the Gundam F90I Intercept Type Jupiter Battle Specification are the five nuclear missiles arranged around the base of the shot lancer, each of which could cripple several battleships with a proximity hit
- Beam Saber
- Beam saber is a melee weapon that emit a blade of plasma contained by an I-field that can cut through any physical armor that have not been treated to resist it. It is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor, and the F90II-I is equipped with two beam sabers on the backpack.
- Flying Shield
- A Flying Shield, which is a further evolution of the Sturm Boosters used by OYW-era MS, is a large shield with built-in thrusters for increasing propulsion purposes. There have been claims of the F90II-I performing atmospheric flight and re-entry at sea. The shield will assume an MA-like form during flight, and when doing so the MS's head is hidden by the shield so as to reduce air resistance.
- Machine Cannon
- The Flying Shield possesses minor offensive capability with a pair of Machine Cannons that are stronger than the Vulcan Guns and are capable of damaging enemy MS in close combat.
Prior to its first official deployment, the F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type was deployed in the Gundam F90I Intercept Type Jupiter Battle Specification configuration, with several differences in armaments.
|Crossbone Gundam: Steel 7 Mechanics|
Angel Diona | Arana Abijo | Bala Totuga | XM-07B Vigna Ghina II Jupiter Battle Specification | XM-10 Flint | XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth | XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 "Patchwork" | XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai Kai "Skull Heart" | XM-X3 Crossbone Gundam X-3
Nozzle | Speed King
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Amakusa | Cornix | EMS-08 Diona | EMS-12 Arana | EMS-VSX1 Mass Production Quavarze | EMS-VSX1 Quavarze | EMS-VSX2 Abijo | EMS-VSX3 Totuga | Impulse Cornix | Jurisdis Sinistra Dictus | Libertas Dextra Dictus
Elcopty | EMA-10 Divinidad
|Earth Federation Forces/SNRI|
F90I-I Gundam F90 Intercept Type Jupiter Battle Specification | F91 Gundam F91 | F99 Record Breaker | RGM-109 Heavygun | RGM-119 Jamesgun | RGM-122 Javelin | XM-10 Flint