Technology & Combat Characteristics
The F90B Gundam F90 Bombard Type is one of the many mission packs developed for the F90 Gundam F90 by the Strategic Naval Research Institute. The Gundam F90 Bombard Type, or B-Type for short, is a heavy bombardment configuration designed for intensive artillery and bombardment attacks on enemy bases. It is armed with multiple ranged weaponry throughout its body, and can single-handedly decimate an entire base quickly by using all these weapons simultaneously. Although this mission pack significantly increases the Gundam F90's weight, the movable vernier thrusters installed in the backpack successfully minimizes the decrease in mobility and maneuverability.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing weapon built into the head. Though not powerful, its high rate of fire meant it was employed to intercept enemy missiles/units, as warning shots, and to destroy lightly armored targets.
- Two large cannons are equipped on the backpack. They are able to adjust their firing angle in order to attack enemies both in front of and above the mobile suit.
- Arm Grenade Launcher
- A large grenade launcher holding five grenades is mounted on each forearm hardpoint.
- Shoulder Missile Container & Leg Missile Container
- Two missile containers each equipped with three large missiles are mounted on the shoulder hardpoints. Another pair are mounted on the leg hardpoints.
- Beam Rifle
- The same handheld beam firearm as used by the normal F90, it is powered by a replaceable E-pack located at the weapon's rear. Spare E-packs can be carried on the side skirt's hardpoints, and the beam rifle itself can be stored on the rear skirt's weapon rack
Notes and Trivia