The Dogosse Giar-class is a battleship class first utilized by the Titans in the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam anime series. In the Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn novel/OVA series and the Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative movie, the General Revil serves as flagship of the Earth Federation Forces orbital fleet.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Dogosse Giar-class is one the largest warships fielded by the Earth Federation and by any faction within the Universal Century. In terms of length alone, the ship was only second to those of the Jupitris-class, which were helium-3 carrier ships, and were considerably longer then the massive Dolos-class used by the Principality of Zeon during the One Year War. The Dogosse Giar-class was developed based on the Birmingham-class, but heavily redesigned with mobile suit operation in mind, resulting in it having a high mobile suit carrying capacity. The warship was also heavily armed. Currently, only two of these ships are known to be produced. One was the Dogosse Giar for the Titans, and the other was the General Revil, the flagship of the Earth Federation Space Force around U.C.0096. The General Revil was larger and replaced some of its armament with more mobile suit hangars and catapults, increasing its mobile suit carrying capacity. It can carry four battalions, a total of 48 mobile suits, and a 1,500-strong workforce.
- Long Range Mega Particle Gun
- The primary weapon of the Dogosse Giar are three long range mega particle guns mounted on the ship's ventral hull. They are the ship's largest guns. This weapon is omitted in the General Revil.
- Twin Mega Particle Gun
- The Dogosse Giar has a pair of two-barrelled mega particle gun, one mounted on each side, mid-ship. Unlike the Dogosse Giar, the General Revil has 10 such guns. Four are mounted on top of the front hangar decks, two on each sides of the ship (midship), and one on the sides of the rear hangar decks.
- Secondary Mega Particle Gun
- The Dogosse Giar has four single-barrelled mega particle guns that serves as secondary guns. Two mounted on the top (midship) and one on the sides of the rear hangar decks. The General Revil seems to have two such secondary guns mounted on the top, midship.
- Anti-Air Machine Gun
- The Dogosse Giar has in total 32 machine guns of various design for anti-air/anti-mobile suit defense mounted on multiple locations. The General Revil also have similar guns for defense but their numbers are unclear.
- Missile Launcher
- The General Revil has an unknown number of missile launchers. These missile launchers can fire various types of missiles, such as missiles that split into more missiles, or missiles that emit beam dispersal screens.
Originally four ships were meant to be constructed, but with the collapse of the Titans in U.C. 0088, only one ship remained. The Dogosse Giar (also mistakenly referred to as "Dogos Gear" and the transliterated "Dogosgere") was a command vessel utilized by the Titans during the Gryps Conflict. Initially it served as a flagship under Paptimus Scirocco during Operation Apollo. Suspicious of Scirocco's activities late in the war, Jamitov Hymen had command transferred to Colonel Bask Om, who used the ship as an escort for the colony laser and later to conduct Cyber-Newtype research. Shortly after Operation Maelstrom, the Dogosse Giar was attacked and destroyed by the forces of Paptimus Scirocco in his successful bid to seize full control over the Titans.
Following the Gryps Conflict and the reconstruction of the Earth Federation Forces, the second ship of the line, the General Revil, was constructed and became the flagship of the Earth orbital fleet. It bears the name of the famous One Year War General and its complement of mobile suits include the RGM-89A2 Jegan Type-A2 (GR), RGZ-95C ReZEL Type-C (GR), RGZ-95C ReZEL Type-C (Defenser A-Unit) (GR) and the RGZ-95C ReZEL Type C (Defenser B-Unit) (GR).
During the Laplace Incident in U.C. 0096, the EFSF's General Staff Headquarters issued an order to eliminate the Nahel Argama and the Garencieres, and the General Revil was sent to accomplish the task. However, it was intercepted by Full Frontal in the MSN-06S Sinanju and Angelo Sauper in the YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu and forced to retreat. Sometime later, it was dispatched to Industrial 7 after Gryps II failed to destroy the Magallanica in attempt to stop Mineva Lao Zabi from revealing the contents of Laplace's Box to the world. All of its mobile suits were disabled by a single wave from the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam.
In U.C 0097, the General Revil was dispatched to the Helium-3 storage base to destroy the Republic of Zeon's Chivvay-class cruiser Gulltoppr, believing it to be operated by Sleeves remnants. Although successful in destroying the Gulltoppr, it was ultimately destroyed by Zoltan Akkanen in the NZ-999 II Neo Zeong along with the majority of its mobile suit force.
|Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative Mechanics|
|Earth Federation Forces/Luio & Co.|
FD-03 Gustav Karl | MSK-008 Dijeh | MSN-001A1 Delta Plus | RAS-96 Anksha | RGM-89A2 Jegan Type-A2 (GR) | RGM-89D-ESC Jegan Type D Escort Type | RGM-96Xs Jesta (Shezarr Type) | RGZ-95C ReZEL Type-C (GR) | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex | RX-9 Narrative Gundam | RX-9/A Narrative Gundam A-Packs | RX-9/B Narrative Gundam B-Packs | RX-9/C Narrative Gundam C-Packs
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Clop-class | Dogosse Giar-class | Irish-class
|Republic of Zeon|
AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Erika Custom) | AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Guards Type) | AMX-009 Dreissen | MSN-06S-2 Sinanju Stein
NZ-999 II Neo Zeong
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
ARX-014S Silver Bullet Suppressor