Developers - Mobile Suit Gundam Before One Year War (機動戦士ガンダム Before One Year War,デベロッパーズ―機動戦士ガンダム) is a single-volume manga written and illustrated by Yamazaki Housui between the years 2001-2003. It is set in the Universal Century time-line of the Gundam meta-series.
The Zaku, "The Father of all Mobile Suits", a title bestowed on to this mobile suit long after its creation & deployment to the battlefield; but this is not the story of the Zaku's exploits during the Zeon War of Independence, later called the One Year War. Neither is it the story of a new type of piloted, independently powered mobile machine. A machine that would be powered by a state of the art thermonuclear reactor, but due to the secrecy and inherent danger involved in developing a project of this kind, its development was outsourced to Hoshioka, a small steelworks industrial plant and its employees, this is their story.
- Project.01: Transferral! The Hoshioka Factor
- Project.02: Heated Debate! The Explanatory Meeting about the Commission
- Project.03: New Design! A Radiation-Proof Work Area
- Project.04: Installation! The Virtual Operator System
- Project.05: Revelation! Computer bug
- Project.06: Inputting! Motion Capture
- Project.07: Exposed! Hoshioka's secret?
- Project.08: Grief! Genzapurou the runaway
- Project.09: White-Hat! Competition
- Project.10: Design! Military intervention
- Project.11: Birthday! MS-05 Zaku
- Mion Hoshioka: Daughter of the Hoshioka chief, and pilot of the experimental mobile suit. Hates to lose.
- Gunzaburou Hoshioka: Chief of Hoshioka, his motto is "hard work and perseverance."
- Theo Pajitonov: A member of Zeonic co., transferred from the head office to oversee MS production.
- Yasu Nishikawa: A member of Hoshioka, he is in charge of the mechanics department.
- Watch Dog
- Auntie: A member of Hoshioka
Principality of Zeon
- A number of Zabi family cameos are present in the manga, with most of the children of the Sovereign appearing in a televised Side 3 broadcast. Later in the story, Gihren is shown personally observing Zeonic's company demonstration of the Mobile Suit prototypes.
- In the same broadcast, next to Garma there is a young, fair-haired man who looks quite a bit like Char Aznable.
- Near the end of the manga, a panel showing Elliot Rem's working with the military to develop future MS has him sarcastically suggest placing a 'horn' onto commander-use units to distinguish them from rank-and-file.
- Developers: []-C0979