|“|| You know what I see? Targets!
—Clotho Buer, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Clotho is one of the three "Biological CPUs" assigned to operate one of the Earth Alliance's new Gundam mobile suits, GAT-X370 Raider. As with his comrades, his personal data has been erased from the military's records.
The talkative, quarrelsome Clotho is constantly arguing with his teammates, and he likes to shout out video game-inspired battle cries as he fights in his Raider Gundam. Between missions he spends his time perfecting his shooting skills on a portable game system. When in combat, Clotho seems rather psychotic, but mostly very proud. He is extremely upset when the Calamity jumps on his Raider in order to get back to their ship and shows extreme anger at the near misses the Calamity's weapons seem to throw his way. In his final moments, he seems to be suffering from withdrawal in his last attack on the Duel and Buster, showing a complete lack of restraint or self-preservation.
Skills & Abilities
Clotho's skills at first seem average, with a reckless combat style, but gradually over the course of the war they gradually improve. He starts out utilizing the Raider's Mobile Armor mode heavily, firing on either Kira or Athrun when they have an advantage over his comrades.
The Battle of Orb
The Battle of Mendel Colony
The Battle of Jachin Due
His death is portrayed differently in the TV series/HD Remaster and the Special Edition.
In the TV series/HD Remaster, after the death of the two other Biological CPUs, Shani Andras and Orga Sabnak, Clotho's mental stability begins to deteriorate and he feels the pain/loss, and even though Raider's power was almost depleted, he continues to battle. He attacked Yzak in his Duel and the injured Dearka in his damaged Buster. While Yzak was trying to counterattack with Duel's beam rifle, Clotho destroys it. He would keep pressing the assault on Yzak, pushing both himself and his Raider to the very limit. Yzak then used the Buster's rifle to replace the destroyed beam rifle, while Clotho charges the Raider's "Zorn" 100mm energy cannon. Both pilots fire at each other simultaneously; Clotho's shot only caused minor damage to the Duel, but Yzak's shot would hit its target, destroying the Raider and killing Clotho in the process.
In the Special Edition, Clotho is killed by Buster/Dearka immediately after Orga's death.
- Just like other Boosted Men, Clotho's last name derived from a demon of Ars Goetia, President Buer.
- In the Japanese version, when Orga, Shani, and Clotho are receiving their second dosage of Gamma Glipheptin. Clotho expresses to the doctors "I am very grateful" for the dosage.
- Clotho apparently seems to annoy Shani, this can be seen when their battling in orb, Clotho is about to make another phrase to a video game but is stopped when Shani tells him to "Shut up...".
- In Gundam Seed Destiny, it was revealed that Clotho underwent training in Lab Lodonia when it was discovered by ZAFT.
- While Clotho was killed by Yzak Joule in Original SEED (and HD Remaster), he's killed by Dearka Elsman right after Orga's death in Gundam SEED Special Edition .
- According to the item shop in Gundam SEED Never Ending Tomorrow, the console/game Clotho is playing is called "Great WSXXX" and in the SEED Facts menu, "Great Wonder Swan XXX", a reference to the real world handheld game console "WonderSwan".