Chan Agi (チェーン・アギ?) is a fictional character from the movie Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack. A member of the Earth Federation's Londo Bell Task Force, she is best known as the last potential love interest of Amuro Ray.
Chan is a technical officer for Londo Bell who helps Amuro supervise the development of his ν Gundam during the Second Neo Zeon War. Her relationship with Amuro earns her the wrath of Quess Paraya, who calls her a "disgusting hag" and ultimately betrays Amuro when he attempts to stop Char Aznable before he carries out his plan to drop the Axis asteroid onto Earth.
Throughout this conflict, Chan is constantly looking out for Amuro and becomes deeply concerned about the last-minute addition of a psycoframe to the Nu Gundam, which is why she keeps a T-shaped sample with her for further study. When Londo Bell's main battleship, the Ra-Cailum, comes under attack, Chan mans one of the ship's gun turrets and successfully takes out Neo Zeon ace Rezin Schnyder, with a little help from the psycoframe. However, she is shocked upon hearing about the death of Londo Bell ace Kayra Su at the hands of Gyunei Guss. Amuro, who was present at this incident, is very upset and says he is prepared to give his life to end Char's, worrying Chan. He later assures Chan that he won't let his emotions get the better of him in battle and kisses her. However, Chan is not convinced and takes off in a damaged RGZ-91 Re-GZ to find him. She is followed by Hathaway Noa, who is determined to get Quess back from Char, in a Jegan.
The two of them confront Quess, who by this time has become rather unstable from all the enhancements she received, while she is piloting the massive mobile armor α Azieru. Hathaway pleads with Quess to come back, but she ignores him and tells Chan that she could have stayed with Amuro if it weren't for her. Chan accidentally fires a missile in the direction of the two younger pilots, but Quess jumps in front of Hathaway and takes the hit, dying as her Alpha Azieru explodes. Enraged, Hathaway fires back and kills Chan. In the novel, Beltorchika's Children when Hathaway pleads Quess to come back, Hathaway accidentally fires a missile by mistake, Quess jumped and takes the hit.
However, in his final battle against Char, Amuro says that he can sense her presence as the psycoframe she was studying appears throughout the battle.
In other media
Chan is a featured character in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, piloting the Re-GZ. If Kayra Su is present and piloting the Re-GZ, she'll pilot a Jegan instead. Chan also appears in the Banpresto video game series Super Robot Wars, making her first appearance in Super Robot Wars 3. There, she's usually a secondary character, taking the same role as she did in Char's Counterattack. Her first playable role is an one stage appearance in Super Robot Wars R that depicts the events of the movie. Reenacting her death would allow players to get the secret unit MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III and the stage itself can be skipped should players choose to take the route reenacting the movie Martian Successor Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness. Chan has a larger playable role in Super Robot Wars Compact 3, again piloting the Re-GZ. However, since the game has no focus on Char's Counterattack, she is spared from the movie's events.
- Chan appears in the Extreme Vs. series as the pilot for her Re-GZ at a cost of 1500.
- Chan references the Gryps War when meeting Kamille Bidan. She also notes that Quattro Bajeena seems familiar to her.
- When meeting Judau Ashta, Chan briefly touches on the conflict against Haman Karn. She also speaks politely towards Elle Vianno, Roux Louka, and Iino Abbav.
- Chan is surprised to see the Anaheim Electronics' new Psycho-Frame in the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam; most notably in the light it emits. She also expresses surprise at the development for the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus and recognizes Full Frontal as a clone of Char.
- Chan is able to identify Hathaway despite him working under his Mafty alias. She will also ask Lane Aime for Hathaway's whereabouts.
- Chan becomes quick friends with Lowe Guele due to their additional work as mechanics. She also takes time to comment on the customizations done to his MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame.
- Chan will be confused when meeting Gundam Amuro and wonders why her captain is piloting the dated unit.
- Chan remarks that Ribbons Almark's voice is similar to Amuro and will wonder what the connection is.
Char's Counterattack characters
|Earth Federation / Londo Bell||Amuro Ray | Bright Noa | Chan Agi | Astonaige Medoz | Kayra Su | Meran | Anna Hanna | Tooth | Adenauer Paraya | Cameron Bloom | John Bauer|
|Newborn Neo Zeon||Char Aznable | Quess Paraya | Gyunei Guss | Nanai Miguel | Rezin Schnyder | Kaises M. Buyer | Horst Harness | Lyle|
|Civilians||Hathaway Noa | Mirai Noa | Cheimin Noa | October Saran | Katherine | Christina | Haro|