Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Carry Base is a training ship modified from a Clop-class cruiser, and mainly serves as the mothership for inexperienced units. Being a training vessel, its mobility, armaments, and carrying capacity are all well balanced. However, it also has no special advantages over other ships.
- Twin Mega Particle Gun
- The main weapons of the Carry Base are a pair of 2-barrel beam cannons situated on the port and starboard hull just under the mobile suit hanger. The guns are capable of pivoting up and down to increase their firing arc however their position still leaves the ship vulnerable to attacks from port and starboard.
- Anti-Aircraft Gun
- For anti-air defense, the Carry Base is equipped with six 2-barrel secondary guns. The guns are placed beneath the bridge tower with three on the starboard hull and three on the port hull.
- Missile Launcher
- The Carry Base is equipped with six missile launchers, and depending on the ordnance can be used for anti-ship or anti-mobile suit combat.
- Like other G Generation original ships, the Carry Base is merely a recolored version of a canon ship. In its case, the Space Ark.
- The Carry Base received a redesign in Cross Rays. Due to the absence of Universal Century entries, it now sports a design based on the Izumo-class from the Cosmic Era.