Technology & Combat Characteristics
The CMS-574E Elmeda appears to be a commander unit used to lead CMS-574X Xeno units. The Elmeda is equipped with a shield and a sword for combat. However, like Zalam, Earth Federal Forces, and other Euba mobile suits, the Elmeda is outmatched by the UE mobile suits.
- Heat Sword
- A sword-shaped heat weapon.
- A small shield carried in the left hand.
- Beam Saber/Dagger
- A new model of beam weapon introduced by the Diva and its allies.
- DODS Gun
- A new model of beam weapon introduced by the Diva and its allies. Much like the DODS Rifle it fires a spiraling beam, allowing it to punch through the armor of a Gafran with ease.
The CMS-574E Elmeda is an older model mobile suit left over from the Colony Nation Wars. It was originally used by the Euba faction. After the Silver Chalice treaty ended the war the Elmeda mostly disappeared. However units could still be found in the Fardain colony by A.G. 115, put to use by old Euba loyalists to fight against Zalam loyalists.
Ract Elfamel used his Elmeda to lead a Euba attack against Don Boyage's mansion. Elfamel would use the Elmeda to directly fight Boyage's Gala until Flit in the Gundam interfered. The Gala and Elmeda would have attacked the Gundam if UE units had not appeared in the colony. Whether Flit's speech had an impact on the pilots, or whether the Zalam and Euba pilots saw an enemy that should be dealt with first, the two sides entered a temporary alliance (if only to prove who was better) and engaged two Gafran units.
Notes & Trivia
- The Elmeda has similar design traits to the ZGMF-1017 GINN.