Technology & Combat Characteristics
Raphael Gundam Dominions is a ground-combat variant of Raphael Gundam. Its inception was due to the original Raphael's poor weight distribution, which caused balancing issues when deployed under gravity. With Raphael Gundam Dominions, the GN-008RE Seravee Gundam II was replaced with the GN-00802 Sera, which is split into various parts and mounted on the suit's body. This distributions of the Sera's parts not only improve the Gundam's balance, but also grants it better defensive capabilities. When required, the Sera's parts can detach and combine into an unmanned machine. The suit carries three GN Bazookas, two on the back, and one handheld with its own GN Drive Tau.
- GN Bazooka
- Raphael Gundam Dominion has three GN Bazookas, one handheld and two mounted on the back. The handheld GN Bazooka is an improved version of the one used by the GN-005 Gundam Virtue, and has its own onboard GN Drive Tau. The two back-mounted GN Bazookas seem to be derived from the original Raphael/Seravee II. Thanks to the Raphael Gundam Dominion's improved weight distribution, it can absorb the recoil caused by the firing of these two back-mounted bazookas, allowing it to use them more stably while on the ground.
Special Equipment & Features
- Bit Control System
Sometime after the ELS Conflict, this unit saved Amy Zimbalist during the war between those who supported the Innovators and the anti-innovators Old Human Faction. In this occasion, the Gundam fired a beam from extreme range, obliterating three Old Human Faction's GNX-805T/CF GN-XIV Core Fighter Loaded Type that had cornered Amy's Advanced GN-X. The Gundam soon left before Amy could get a good look at it.
Notes & Trivia
- The Raphael Gundam Dominion appears to be inspired by both the GN-005 Gundam Virtue and GN-008 Seravee Gundam, incorporating both the removable armor (Virtue) as well as the separating backpack (Seravee) systems. In addition, the main weapons of both units are part of its design.
- The total amount of drives on Raphael Gundam Dominions was never confirmed. Two cones can be spotted on Sera's legs which are likely GN Drives, and If the Sera follows the exact GN Drive configuration as the Seravee II, then the Raphael Gundam Dominions itself, excluding the handheld GN Bazooka, may also have three drives.
- Gundam EX A Chapter 12: Gundam Meister
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Senki Mission 17 "Dominions"
- gundam00.net Sidestory 00V Senki 17 Summary