Technology & Combat Characteristics
This mobile suit was the original design of the CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam, it has the combined attributes from the CBY-001 1 Gundam and the CBY-077 GN Cannon, and also includes a third tank-like form called "Tank Mode". The tank mode was later scrapped when the Innovators acquired Twin Drive System data from Anew Returner. To distinguish it from the later Twin Drive version, the name of this mobile suit has "Origin" attached to it. Through transforming, the Reborns Gundam Origin can cover all ranges of combat, starting from close range, to middle range and up to long range combat.
Additional hover units have been mounted on the GN Condensers at the elbows and on the back of the Gundam, intended for high speed movements when it transforms to tank mode. Two of the GN-Large Fin Fangs have been integrated into two GN-Buster Launchers, intended for adding range to these powerful weapons. Together with the 2 Large Fin Fangs connected to the unit, these guns add as the completing structure for the tank form's 4 long range guns. The GN Thrusters mounted on the bottom of tank mode add to the speed of this otherwise slow form. The head of the tank mode is the head of the cannon mode, which is centered around long range targeting.
- Egner Whip
- Weapons based on the wire-grapplers used on the GNMA-0001V Regnant. Shoots out small electric wires that electrify the pilot of the enemy MS. However, this requires the pilot to be still, and one with enough stamina can easily cut the wires. Doubling as the Reborns Gundam Origin's Cannon mode's hands, they can only be used in this form.
- GN Buster Launcher
- Most powerful beam weapons of the Reborns Gundam Origin. Their firepower matches that of Seravee's GN Bazooka. Their power-output is variable. Unlike the original Reborns, the launchers have Large GN Fin Fangs attached on both their tips to add range to its attacks.
- Large GN Fin Fang
- These remote controlled weapons are located at the back of the Reborns Gundam Origin in Gundam mode and on the GN Buster Launchers. When deployed, these Fin Fangs have greater fire power compared to the regular GN Fangs, but are larger thus more easily destroyed. In addition to being remote controlled weapons, the GN Fin Fangs served many purposes in different forms of the Reborns Gundam Origin. In Gundam form, the 2 Fin Fangs served as additional verniers for added mobility. When in Cannon mode, the Fin Fangs on its chest act as its GN Cannon Blasters. In Tank mode, all the Fin Fangs are used as 4 long range towering guns for the machine.
- Large GN Beam Saber
Special Equipment & Features
- With Reborns Gundam Origin fitted with 4 Large GN Fin Fangs, the machine was built with operational system that can control these remote controlled weapons.
- Veda-linked Operating System
Reborns Gundam Origin was completed on board the "Celestial Being" and piloted by Ribbons Almark in a test. However, after the data of the Twin Drive System was acquired by the Innovators, the tank mode was viewed unnecessary and omitted from the design.
After Regene Regetta was awakened by Telicyra Herfi to be one of the six comrades, he gained the special ability to control both the original GN Drives and the GN Drive Taus.Cite error: Invalid
invalid names, e.g. too many Regene then imagined using this ability on the Reborns Gundam Origin and the GN-0000 00 Gundam, claiming that both Celestial Being and Ribbons would now have to bow before his power.Cite error: Invalid
invalid names, e.g. too many However, he was removed from the group, losing his special ability and memories of the event in the process, when he put the other comrades in harm's way for his own agenda.Cite error: Invalid
invalid names, e.g. too many
Notes & Trivia
- The Reborns Gundam Origin could be intended as a homage to the RX-93 Nu Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type (Gundam Mode), the RX-77-2 Guncannon (Cannon Mode), and the RX-75-4 Guntank (Tank Mode). Though the tank mode resembles the F-50D (RXR-44) Guntank R-44.
- Gundam Weapons, Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Compilation Book pg. 178
- Gundam Weapons, Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Compilation Book pg. 186.