Arcana-class (アルカナ?) is a class of Civilian Transport Ships featured in Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. Operated by Lunar Line, these vessels were a cover up for the development of the Principality of Zeon's Musai-class Early Production Type Light Cruisers .
In U.C. 0077, prior to the Dawn Rebellion, one Arcana-class vessel was leaving port at Guardian Banchi but a Salamis-class vessel was attempting to dock, the Salamis-class vessel tried to steer of course and scraped the top of the Arcana-class, ultimately crashing and destroying the colony's Agricultural Block. As it belonged to the Federation, there were immediate demands for independence at Zeon's diet .At A Baoa Qu, Test Flight Operation 2 for the MS-04 Bugu took place on Wednesday, June 23 . An Arcana-class vessel was among those used to simulate an enemy warship in a live fire test for the MS-04. 100mm projectile rounds were enough for the MS-04 to take it down. Admiral Gopp later presented footage of the test to high ranking EFF officers and Tem Ray .
- Fictionally, it is the prototype for the Musai-class, in real life, the mechanical designers appear to have turned the Musai-class upside down to create the Arcana-class's design. This leads to an uncanny resemblance to the Constitution-class vessels from Star Trek.
- ↑ MECHANICAL｜MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 3, Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin MSD: Cucuruz Doan's Island Chapter 6, Dark Colony
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 4, Eve of Destiny