Anaheim Electronics is a major civilian manufacturing company. Based on the Moon, Anaheim has been the de facto corporation for numerous militaristic factions to have their Mobile Suit designs to life.
One Year War
Prior to the One Year War, Anaheim produced numerous goods for both the Earth Sphere and the colonies from cosmetics, vacation traveling plans and credit cards to consumer electronics, battleships and even space colonies. What role they played in the One Year War is unknown, though documents suggest that the RX-77-1A Guncannon A and the RX-78-2 Gundam were designed here at the direction of Tem Ray
Post One Year War
Following the One Year War, Anaheim was able to acquire the militaristic corporations of the defeated Principality of Zeon - Zimmad, Zeonic and MIP - along with their various designers and engineers. This allowed Anaheim to enter the lucrative business of Mobile Suit design and construction. The company was tapped by the Earth Federation to help in the rebuilding of their military forces and to design the next generation of Mobile Suits, leading to the creation of the Gundam Development Project in Universal Century 0083. The resulting incident involving the Mobile Suits, known as "Operation Stardust" would prove to be a black eye for the company, but they were able to recover, remaining in the Mobile Suit development business.
Gryps War and Beyond
In U.C. 0086, Anaheim became involved in the Gryps War, acting as one of the backers of the upstart Anti Earth Union Group. Thanks to secret help from the incognito Char Aznable, they would be provided with enhanced variations of the iconic Luna Titanium Alloy and the capture of the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II thanks to young Kamille Bidan, they would be provided the Movable Frame, allowing them to create not only the mass produced MSA-003 Nemo, but also enhance Project Zeta, allowing for the kind of transformable mobile suits that were attempted with the MSN-001 Delta Gundam and fully realized with the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam. The Titans would become suspicious of Anaheim's actions, only to be pacified by the RMS-108 Marasai.
Char's Rebellion/Second Neo Zeon War
Following the conflicts of the late U.C. 0080s, Anaheim became the Earth Federation's premiere mobile suit producer, creating the RGM-89 Jegan to help replace the tried and true GM line. However, what the Federation didn't know was that they were also aiding Char Aznable's Newborn Neo Zeon movement, leading to the outbreak of the Second Neo Zeon War. To this end, Char allowed Anaheim to reveal the existence of the Psycho-Frame so that his rival Amuro Ray would not have a sub-par mobile suit for their fated duel.
Following the events of the Second Neo Zeon War, the Earth Federation and Anaheim Electronics would work together for a brand new mobile suit project, the UC Project. The project would lead to the birth of the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam and its sibling units along with the RGM-96X Jesta series developed to defend them. The Earth Federation brass sought to use the UC Project to not only end Zeon influence but destroy the ideas of the Newtype. However, the Vist Foundation interfered, allowing the Unicorn Gundam to be outfitted with the La+ System, a program designed to locate the Laplace Box. Doing this set off the Third Neo Zeon War as the remains of the Newborn Neo Zeon, "The Sleeves", sought to obtain the box to bring down the Earth Federation.
Following the events of the Third Neo Zeon War and the revelations on what they had done in the background, the Federation's interest in Anaheim began to wane as they focused on their in-house group SNRI. This would be further driven by the Federation's desire to use smaller and cost-effective Mobile Suits, leading to SNRI to become the main designer of Mobile Suits after winning out on a competition between the MSA-120 and the F90 Gundam F90. In turn, Anaheim would end up stealing the blueprints of the Formula Project machines, leading to the creation of the RXF-91 Silhouette Gundam. They would also retrieve the Minovsky Drive of the battleship Mother Vanguard to help create a mobile suit that could run on such a device, which SNRI would nickname "Icarus".
What happened to Anaheim afterwards is currently unknown. It is suggested that Anaheim bankrolled the League Militaire and helped create their line of mobile suits, including the iconic LM312V04 Victory Gundam. Beyond that, it is suggested one of their latest mobile suits was the RGM-196 Freedom, created prior to the dissolution of the Earth Federation.
- Name: Anaheim Electronics, Inc.
- Main Office: Anaheim City, Moon
- Chairman of the Board: Melanie Hue Carbine (U.C. 0087 - c. U.C. 0099)
- CEO: Martha Vist Carbine (U.C. 0096)
- President: Cornwell J. Governan (c. U.C. 0085 - c. U.C. 0090)
- Managing Director: O’Sullivan (c. U.C. 0083)
- Senior Director: Wong Lee (c. U.C. 0087)
Known factories and branches:
- Nina Purpleton (c. 0083 U.C.)
- Poral Guilish
- Kurena Hacksell
- Nick Orville
- Filius Stream
- Vanessa Vermilion
- Gaius Zemela
- Aaron Terzieff
- Lucette Audevie (c. 0083 U.C.)
- Ken (c. 0085 U.C.)
- Dr. M. Nagano (c. 0085 - c. 0087 U.C.)
- Dr. Alexander (circa 0087 - U.C. 0086)
- Dr. Gerhard Gluck (circa 0087 - U.C. 0086)
- Dr. Oscar Lyell (circa 0087 - U.C. 0086)
- Dr. Fujita (circa 0088 - U.C. 0087)
- Dr. M. Kobayashi (circa 0088 - U.C. 0087)
- Lecil Doctor (circa 0088 - U.C. 0087)
- Emary Ounce (c. 0088 U.C.)
- Sophie Ferrell
- Lucas Meitner
- Milly Childer (c. 0088 U.C.)
- Iris Orlando (c. 0123 U.C.)
- Muller Miguel
- October Saran (c. 0093 U.C.)
- RX-78GP00 Gundam GP00 "Blossom"
- RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes"
- RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis"
- RX-78GP03S Gundam "Dendrobium Stamen"
- RX-78GP03D Gundam "Dendrobium Orchis"
- RX-78GP04G Gundam "Gerbera"
- RMS-099 (MSA-099) Rick Dias (Codename: γ Gundam)
- MSN-001 Delta Gundam (Codename: δ Gundam)
- MSN-001-2 Delta Gundam II
- MSN-00100 (MSN-100) Hyaku Shiki
- TYPE-99-E0 Epsy Gundam (Codename: ε Gundam)
- MSA-005 Methuss
- MSZ-000 Zero Shiki (MSZG - Define continuity)
- MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam (Codename: ζ Gundam)
- MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1
- MSZ-006C1 Ζ Plus C1
- MSZ-007 Z Rapier I (Codename: η Gundam)
- MSZ-008 ZII
- MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam (Codename: θ Gundam)
- MSA-0011 S Gundam (Codename: ι Gundam)
- RGZ-91 Re-GZ (Refined Gundam Zeta)
- JRX-0095-V1 (RX-95) Valiant Gundam (Codename: κ Gundam)
- MSA-0012 λ Gundam (Codename: λ Gundam)
- YRA-90A μ Gundam (Codename : μ Gundam)
- RX-93 Nu Gundam (Codename: ν Gundam)
- RX-104FF Penelope
- RX-105 Xi Gundam (Codename: ξ Gundam)
- MSA-014 Σ Gundam (Codename : σ Gundam)
- MSN-06S Sinanju Stein
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex
- RGM-96X Jesta
- RGM-96X Jesta Cannon
- RGM-96X EWAC Jesta
- MSA-008 (RGM-87) Bar-GM
- RGM-88X Jeddah
- RGM-89 Jegan
- RGM-90 Jeddah Improve Type
- RGM-91S Jegan Enhanced Armor Type
- RGM-109 Heavygun
- RGM-111 Hardygun
- RGM-119 Jamesgun
- RGM-122 Javelin
- RGM-196 Freedom
Other Mobile Suits
- RMS-108 (MSA-002) Marasai
- MSA-003 Nemo
- MSA-007 Nero
- MS-50A Zaku 50
- AMS-119 Geara Doga
- MSN-03 Jagd Doga
- MSN-04 Sazabi
- NZ-666 Kshatriya
- MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III
- F-50D (RXR-44) Guntank R-44
- RX-110 Early Zorin Soul
- F71 G-Cannon
- FXA-05D G-Defenser
- FXA-08R Mega Rider
- La Vie en Rose
- MSC-07 Albion
- Nahel Argama-class Carrier
- Strategic Naval Research Institute
- Mobile Suit Gundam Anaheim Record
- Gundam Anaheim Journal U.C. 0083 - 0099
Notes & Trivia
- The characters, Dr. M. Nagano, Dr. Fujita, and Dr. M. Kobayashi, who appear in several design work books, are named for real-life mechanical designers Mamoru Nagano, Kazumi Fujita, and Makoto Kobayashi respectively.
- In Anaheim Journal, a secret branch of AE known as the AE Advanced Development Division (aka "Club Works") is mentioned as developing AE's many famous MS. It is similar to a Skunkworks project.
- Television Series
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
- Mobile Suit Victory Gundam