Technology & Combat Characteristics
Created by the remnants from the first Neo Zeon, the Dag Doll is a prototype MS made for newtype-use. The MS is a direct descendant of the AMX-015 Geymalk and inherits the heavy firepower and funnel system, however its body shape greatly differs. The biggest feature is large disk-shaped backpack connected to the back, which is equipped with a generator and a mono-eye sensor. By connecting this backpack to the back of the head, it becomes "Machine Head Mode". For weapons, most are inherited from the Geymalk such as funnels and the mega particle cannon built in the abdomen, but the hand design was changed to the standard design to allow for the carry and use of hand held weapons.
- Vulcan Gun
- A pair of vulcan guns are mounted on each side of the head. The weapons are not very powerful and typically unable to penetrate mobile suit's armor, but they are useful in intercepting missiles/rockets, destroying mobile suit sensors, and engaging lightly-armored targets such as tanks and small aircraft.
- Beam Saber
- The Dag Doll carries a beam stored in each knee and a spare in the waist.
- Hyper Mega Particle Cannon
- Like the Geymalk, the Dag Doll is equipped with a hyper mega particle cannon built into the abdomen. Power rating is unknown.
- Long Beam Rifle
- The Dag Doll main armament is a long barreled beam rifle. The can also transform into a long beam saber for melee combat. The beam blade can extend up to 58m.
- A round shield attached to the left arm for defense. The shield is treated with an anti-beam coating to temporarily defend against beam weapons and has four built-in mega particle cannons.
- Mega Particle Cannon
- A offensives weapon built into the round shield, they are both powerful and difficult to evade, making them an effective weapon in battle.
- Five funnels are stored in the large backpack. The shape is similar to the type used by AMX-004 Qubeley, but the size is larger and has firepower.
- Reflector Bit
- Like the name suggests, the reflector bits have no offensive power and instead are used for reflecting beam attacks. The Dag Doll can carries up to thirty bits.
- Leader Bit
- Mounted on the backpack. It has the effect of burning the space by deploying up to 20 leader bits and forming a special magnetic field.
Special Equipment & Features
- Psycommu System
- Developed during the One Year War by researchers of the Flanagan Institute, it is a mind-machine interface designed to receive and translate a Newtype's powerful thoughtwaves (similar to regular brainwaves, but not electrical in nature) into computer commands. Using this interface, a Newtype pilot can direct remote weapons, and operate huge mobile armors, by thought alone. The remnant forces at the asteroid base Axis succeed in miniaturizing the psycommu system, so that it can be installed in regular-sized mobile suits like the AMX-004 Qubeley.
- Machine Head Mode
- By connecting the backpack to the back of the head of the MS, activates "machine head mode", and the information transmission and processing computing power of the psycommu system is tripled. This eliminated the complexity of psycommu, which was a drawback of Gemark, and made it possible to handle psycommu without having high newtype ability, however the burden on the brain of the pilot in use is heavy, so it is not recommended to use for more than three minutes.