Technology & Combat Characteristics
This version of the Geara Zulu, the Sleeves' main mobile suit, is used by Full Frontal's elite guards who report directly to him. While the standard Geara Zulu is a simplified version of the initial design, the Guards Type specification is the closest to the initial draft of the Geara Zulu.
Its thrust is dramatically enhanced through a special Geara Doga backpack so that it can operate alongside the Sinanju, and its shoulders are equipped with large spike armor that gives it a more aggressive silhouette. The chest and wrist markings, from which the Sleeves get their nickname, are more elaborate than those of an ordinary machine to show that it belongs to the royal guards.
- Beam Machine Gun
- The standard firearm of the Geara Zulu, it rapid fires pellet-shaped beams and its firing and focusing rates are consistent with the standards at the time. By adjusting the irradiation time, the weapon can also function as a beam rifle. The magazine (E-pac) doubles as a foregrip, and has a banana shape, increasing the number of ammunition. Three sets of spare magazines can be mounted on the left and right sides of the front skirt armor. It has excellent basic design and high expandability. Options for the weapon include a large sensor that directly links to the mobile suit's sensor, and a single round grenade launcher unit that is attached to the bottom of the barrel.
- A simplified, disposable rocket launcher. Due to its excellent cost performance, usage of the Sturm Faust continued after the One Year War. As the warhead is not equipped with a guidance device, it is extremely hard to use the Sturm Faust to hit a moving target accurately. However, it is still a highly destructive portable weapon. The Sturm Fausts used by the Neo Zeon remnants group, The Sleeves, have a gun-like grip and added sight unit for improved accuracy.
- Hand Grenade
- This weapon is used by both the Earth Federation and Zeon. It is not very powerful or accurate. However, it is capable of performing different roles in battle.
- Beam Tomahawk
- The only close combat weapon of the Geara Zulu (Guards Type) is a single beam tomahawk, which, when not in use is mounted on the rear skirt of the suit. The head of the beam tomahawk has two beam emitters, one on the side that emits the axe-blade, and the second on top that emits a beam spike that can be used for stabbing attacks. The axe emitter can also emit a beam pick for precision attacks that avoid the fusion reactor.
- The Geara Zulu (Guards Type) can be equipped with two styles of shields. The first is a shoulder shield, similar to the model used on the MS-06 Zaku II, mounted on the right shoulder. The second is the shield used by the AMS-119 Geara Doga. Both shields can also mount four Sturm Fausts.
- Lange Bruno Gun Plus
- A modified version of the Lange Bruno Gun, a long-range support weaponry found on AMS-119 Geara Doga Heavy Weapons Type that shoots solid rounds. The Lange Bruno Gun Plus is specialized for space-use, and functions as a long-range beam launcher. It has an extremely high focusing rate, and fires a highly penetrative beam at a very fast speed. It is used one of the weapons designed for use with the optional heavy armament backpack.
- Double Bazooka
- A combination of two 280mm Zaku Bazookas into a single weapon.
- Beam Rifle
- Obtained from the Nahel Argama, it is the same beam rifle as used by the RGM-86R GM III. Powered by a rechargeable energy cap, it fires concentrated mega particles, and a shot can damage any armor not treated to resist beam attacks. Stored on the rear skirt armor when not in use.
- Hyper Bazooka
- Obtained from the Nahel Argama, it is the same weapon from the Jegan series. The hyper bazooka can fire normal 380mm rounds, or scatter shot rounds that cover a large area.
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament obtained from the Nahel Argama. It is originally used by the RGM-89D Jegan D Type.
- Twin Missile Launcher
- The Jegan D Type's shield has a pair of twin missile launchers. They fire small missiles that have composite sensors in their tips, allowing them to home in onto their target even under the interference of minovsky particles in the battlefield. However, they have a short range and are basically for use in close combat as they only carry a small amount of propellant.
- Heavy Armament Backpack
- A large backpack designed as an optional equipment for the standard Geara Zulu, and produced in limited number, but the Geara Zulu (Guards Type) receive priority in equipping it. This backpack not only improves the suit's thrust, but also has additional generator to ensure stable power supply to the suit's weapon, a stabilizer, and two large propellant tanks for increased operational time. The stabilizer and propellant tanks can be removed when not required. One of the weapons designed for use with this backpack is the Lange Bruno Gun Plus.
- Geara Zulu (Guards Type) Garencieres Use
- Geara Zulu Shunsuke Sudou Custom
- A customized Geara Zulu Gunpla built and operated by Shunsuke Sudou. It features a navy blue color scheme and retains all of the Geara Zulu's standard armaments.
Notes & Trivia
- ↑ "Mobile Suit Gundam UC Prismatic Mobiles 1" page 71.
- AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Guards Type) on Gundam-Unicorn.net (English)
- AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Guards Type) on MAHQ.net
|Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative Mechanics|
|Earth Federation Forces/Luio & Co.|
FD-03 Gustav Karl | MSK-008 Dijeh | MSN-001A1 Delta Plus | RAS-96 Anksha | RGM-89A2 Jegan Type-A2 (GR) | RGM-89D-ESC Jegan Type D Escort Type | RGM-96Xs Jesta (Shezarr Type) | RGZ-95C ReZEL Type-C (GR) | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex | RX-9 Narrative Gundam | RX-9/A Narrative Gundam A-Packs | RX-9/B Narrative Gundam B-Packs | RX-9/C Narrative Gundam C-Packs
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Clop-class | Dogosse Giar-class | Irish-class
|Republic of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Erika Custom) | AMS-129 Geara Zulu (Guards Type) | AMX-009 Dreissen | MSN-06S-2 Sinanju Stein
NZ-999 II Neo Zeong
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
| Mobile Suit|
ARX-014S Silver Bullet Suppressor